Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHISH for Revit 2016

82 REPLIES 82
Message 1 of 83
K4rl33
18747 Views, 82 Replies

WHISH for Revit 2016

Dear Santa... 🙂

...for the next version of Revit, I would like to have a more user friendly iterface.

Coming from classical 3d modeler, I already usually work with a multi windows layout, but I think that a BIG step forward would be to orient the core of the program to a more flexible multi/windows interface, for example giving to the user the possibility to activate a window simply going through with the mouse.

This would allow to set up more than a window in the canavas,working in a easier way.

I suggest also to give a thinner look to the windows border, in order to put them in a layout like in 3dStudio Max or Rhino. 

Last of all, in my opinion, a big step forward would be to create an hybrid phylosophy from revit familes and autodesk layers, in order to group families into layers with a layer manager easy to access.

82 REPLIES 82
Message 61 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: octavio2

Crop, control contrast & Brightness, images

Message 62 of 83
aaronwagner
in reply to: DanDomine

DHZ-Phoenix, have you checked out Infraworks 360?
Aaron Wagner | Technology Consultant – Autodesk Construction Business Line Lead

U.S. CAD | Achieve More
Rocky Mountain Region, Denver, CO
T: 877-648-7223 x301
Message 63 of 83
aaronwagner
in reply to: K4rl33

My wish is somewhat simple:  I wish for users to get proper training for their tools.

And I mean that in a positive, and hopefully uplifting way.  It seems to me (and this is just my opinion) that many of these requests would be negated if people knew correct (industry standard) workflows, or even had the training to know and understand what tools are really there to meet their needs.

Aaron Wagner | Technology Consultant – Autodesk Construction Business Line Lead

U.S. CAD | Achieve More
Rocky Mountain Region, Denver, CO
T: 877-648-7223 x301
Message 64 of 83
DanDomine
in reply to: aaronwagner

Hi, thanks for the tipp. I just checked InfraWorks out.

The problem is that I wont be able to modify it directly in Revit and a larger project with several linked revit files, it's a bit annoying to have to go through one or even two other programms to get the job done.

I would find it awesome if Revit had the capacity to render like 3ds max with a lot of complex objects as families (realistic trees and objects). The exporting 3ds max models to dwg and then to rfa is too limited (number of vertex you can export).

And (not being mean or anything) I find it strange that there aren't more site options in the topography tool in Revit. If you can do a topography, you should be able to modify it easily enough and be able to add objects that influence said topography or modify it.

Revit is really awesome but it can be so much better if you add just a few features from other Autodesk products.

Message 65 of 83
DanDomine
in reply to: aaronwagner

I can only recommend lynda.com for tutorials on Revit. They are quite extensive and well done. 

Well worth it.

Message 66 of 83
Anonymous

I've previously listed this in the RevitCity wishlist, but I know that our company would benefit from having a "bullets & numbering" option in text boxes, similar to microsoft word.

When we are listing notes and specifications, normally we use the "tab" button to make it look like bullets with an indent for the text, however when you need to change the font size/type etc the tabs dont normally line up anymore.

Just a thought....

Message 67 of 83
Anonymous

OPTIMIZE REVIT FINALLY, IT IS SLOWEST THING EVER IN OUR UNIVERSE

Message 68 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would love that 

Message 69 of 83
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi

If the schedule, add an icon on the Ribbon ،So we can change the position of the columns is very good.

For example, Currently to the Fields tab Move UP and Move Down buttons to adjust.

01.png

If the buttons on the ribbon will added easier access..........

02.png

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 70 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: GHASEM_ARIYANI

everyone download the trial and find out!!!

http://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-family/overview
Message 71 of 83
GHASEM_ARIYANI

Is not Unfortunately, the 2016 version also available

Please use " Accept as Solution", and give kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 72 of 83
Anonymous

when i downloaded it, it would not connect to install 😞
but in the mean time, this disappointing list of new features can satisfy our sorrow.
http://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-family/features/new/gallery-view
Message 73 of 83
Anonymous

"disappointing list of new features"

Site planning tools if you become a member of their bedroom party.

Message 74 of 83
DanDomine

Well from the install now funktion that gets stuck eventhough the firewall is off and the corrupt download now file, I couldn't even check it out today.

I hope they don't feel satisfied with how revit is now, there is a lot more room for progress (my thoughts from the list of new features).

Not that I'll stop using Revit but I hope it becomes a more complete programm sooner rather than later. I wouldn't mind having a larger program at the end. I mean some games are 30+ GB. I wouldn't mind having a program that large if it offers all the features that we want.

And please make it possible to import 3ds max models into Revit as families with no quality loss !

Message 75 of 83
Anonymous

"import 3ds max models into Revit"

Please explain that to me. Why would you want to do that. 

What would you want to accomplish?

Message 76 of 83
Anonymous

I would like to have WHISH for following:

1) Plaster for walls n column,beam should be able to model easily & also should be able to quantify.

2) Handling bigger file sizes in Revit should be made easy.

3) Schedules & quantities should be made more flexible with respect to minor components as well like dado,flooring etc.

4) Modelling of Dado should be added as an seperate building component even same for plaster.

5) Material library should be added with more relevant materials by studying market scenarios.

6) Export to CAD settings should be more looked into with respect to customization with respect to own CAD Standards.

Thanks & Regards,

Pallavi Shinde

Lead - BIM Implementation

Corporate Office:- Pride Parmar Galaxy,

6th Floor, Sadhu Vaswani Chowk,Pune-411001.

Tel: +91 20 30542200 | Ext: 2352

Mob: +91 7620722494

Message 77 of 83
Anonymous

Dear Revit MAkers;

Kindly when you do the new update, I wish you can ajust some setting such as;

1.When I connect a exterior wall with an interiour or the same, it joint automatically, this is bothering me a lot, please let us have an option to do it either manually or automatially.

2.When drawing "Sketch Componant"in a circular shape, when we click on the pick line, I wish it can pick a circular shape and do the referance plane around it. 

these two things are the main thing that in my opinion is effecting the time to finish a project.

Thanks a lot for your effort and keeeeeeeeeeeeep on.

Regards;

Eng.Zain Juratli

Message 78 of 83
GHASEM_ARIYANI

hi

There is no direct way, but you can use the following method:

1-Set Units In the 3DMAX and Export to DWG File.

2-Open FIle DWG and Create Layer For each element of the same material.

3-Save DWG file.

4-In the revit and Inser Tab>Click Import CAD. 

5-then maneg Tab > Object Style > Import Model.

6-The row material of each layer can specify materials for DWG files.

Message 79 of 83
DanDomine

I think we all know that, gh_ar. The problem is that it is nowhere near good enough for a solution.

Message 80 of 83
GHASEM_ARIYANI

Yes

You're right

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report