Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHISH for Revit 2016

82 REPLIES 82
Message 1 of 83
K4rl33
18746 Views, 82 Replies

WHISH for Revit 2016

Dear Santa... 🙂

...for the next version of Revit, I would like to have a more user friendly iterface.

Coming from classical 3d modeler, I already usually work with a multi windows layout, but I think that a BIG step forward would be to orient the core of the program to a more flexible multi/windows interface, for example giving to the user the possibility to activate a window simply going through with the mouse.

This would allow to set up more than a window in the canavas,working in a easier way.

I suggest also to give a thinner look to the windows border, in order to put them in a layout like in 3dStudio Max or Rhino. 

Last of all, in my opinion, a big step forward would be to create an hybrid phylosophy from revit familes and autodesk layers, in order to group families into layers with a layer manager easy to access.

82 REPLIES 82
Message 41 of 83
farisarch
in reply to: K4rl33

I would like to have the new version option notation of ground-level cuts.
The previous version is not perceived level of cutting line.
Drawing also possible to add to lists.

All the Best

faris

Message 42 of 83
Anonymous

One of the problem that restrain me from using Revit as a detailing software is its section cut managment. I hope, revit can introduce another form of sections created and only visible on a sheet where it's created. For exemble, I want to create a section showing renforced concrete beam details, it's not necessary that that minor section be referrenced in other sheets(views), and hide it manually. 

I would olso Revit developpers to consider making Revit a detailing software, for exemple, by transfering macros from Advance Steel, AutoCAD Structural Detailing, and Advance Concrete to Revit and create a third Revit: Revit Architecture, Structure, MEP, and finally Detailer. sound like a Swiss Army Knife... but I think it's be a good idea to me.

Existing Autodesk detailing solutions, in my opinion, are not the best, and are very far from being the best. I suggest changing detailing program 3D interface from AutoCAD to Revit or to something with a faster 3D content management like Naviswork-power interface would be a game change, since Reinforcement in 3D are very demanding to manage. 

Message 43 of 83
anthony-matheson

Well, I believe that Revit is not only a 3D modelling tool. But manly a BIM software.

Improving interface helps to the sofware to become more user attractive but it's the BIM capacity that will make Revit to be more and more essential.

Therefore I wish to see more control tools developed, more scheduling capacity, more stability and perfomance with large files, large teams and links. I 

But all of that with minimal effort and less time consuming.

In addition I think that the " paperless documentation " has to be promoted more within Revit. With new tools to incentivate that. today it's very easy to create multiple views and sheets in Revit but we become slaves of those documents not focusing enough time to the model and its coordination. 

Message 44 of 83
Anonymous

É necessário um display para exibição das "Propriedades de Tipo" do objeto selecionado; Uma equipe técnica especializada em Arquitetura, Engenharia e Construção deve fazer a tradução do software para o Português do Brasil, itens como "Nível da cópia de propriedades" são de difícil compreensão fazendo com que o usuário teste o item pra saber o que é.
Message 45 of 83
karem.elsherbiny

I Wish revit 2016 have mutli-pick line like multiple join or cut
Message 46 of 83

A better way to override how multi-layered materials such as walls, ceilings, floors join. Currently the only real way to do it is the Cut Profile on the view toolbar, which is very time consuming and doesn't always deliver the results you want. Every single tutorial i've seen on Revit has neatly avoided this issue by always using massive generic walls without layers. I mean, who draws the different material layers in plans and sections anyway, right? Well, just about every architect in existence.

Better ways to monitor the parametric behaviour:

When i first started using Revit, i thought how great it ways that i could simply lock elements together and change them afterwards, so i could worry about exact dimensions later. Little did I know that as soon as things start getting more complex than two edges that are joined, Revit tends to give about a gazillion errors whenever I try to move an item that is linked to other items, each of which practically impossible to solve because the software is completely incompetent at showing me where the problems are (conflicting items get highlighted, what a joke). An item tree that shows relations between objects would be neat.

Being able to unlock/unconstrain an item from all other items in the model would be nice, so you can move it independently while knowing that you aren't changing anything that you can't see in the current view. Being able to place an object and making sure Revit doesn't automatically connect, join, link it to anything else. Often I get the idea that Revit is trying to do the thinking for me, and it's not very good at it. I am a newbie at Revit; only did a couple of school projects with it, but those are my biggest frustrations with the software. It has often happened that two walls on different floors were automatically joined to eachother without me knowing it, causing me to have lots of headaches.

Not really for me, but:

I once tried making a portal frame in Revit Structure, using a youtube video as a tutorial. The profiles had to be manually cut using reference planes; and the connection plates manually drawn as in place families. Is this really a software that is actually used by contractors in the steel construction industry? I can only imagine the headaches of trying to create shop drawings for welded and bended connection pieces. I guess you are almost required to buy Inventor alongside it.  But then why use Revit Structure in the first place? I mean, what market is it trying to reach, exactly? 

Best regards
Kasper Wuyts
in reply to: kasperwuyts

"I once tried making a portal frame in Revit Structure, using a youtube video as a tutorial. The profiles had to be manually cut using reference planes; and the connection plates manually drawn as in place families. Is this really a software that is actually used by contractors in the steel construction industry? I can only imagine the headaches of trying to create shop drawings for welded and bended connection pieces. I guess you are almost required to buy Inventor alongside it.  But then why use Revit Structure in the first place? I mean, what market is it trying to reach, exactly? "

I'm pretty sure it's trying to reach the architets and engineers. It is not well suited for detailers and fabricators. It was probably never intended to be, although with enough development in the distant future I suppose it could be. Some detailing company with software coding skills could eventually do for Revit Structure what SysQue has done for Revit MEP. But as it stands, Revit cannot, and quite obviously has not tried to, come close to focused structural steel detailing software.

What I've done is requested an IFC file as exported by Tekla Structures from those who are responsible for the strucural steel, and brought that into Revit for clash/clearance checking.

Message 48 of 83
troy_mifsud_autodesk_com
in reply to: Anonymous

Parts.

Message 49 of 83
Anonymous

"Make Revit More Architect friendly"

Nice to chat with someone who has a lot of Revit experience.

In what way could Revit be more "architect friendly" ?

I work for an architect and me and Revit would like to be

more friendly. Or maybe we are too friendly already, I don't

know. Smiley LOL

Message 50 of 83
Anonymous

I hope Revit 2016 has more friendly mass or family creation as Vector Sketchup with morpho tools and stuff like that, all this tools in Model in place.

Message 51 of 83
Anonymous

I've never understood this. Why can't you visualize in isometric? To me it is an either or situation.
Message 52 of 83
Anonymous

Very Simple request.

Add Underline like Autocad to words not recognised in the dictionary. This can be edited at the time, rather than having to remember and spell check sheets.

Message 53 of 83
Anonymous

As in most word prossessors, an optional nonprinted squiggly redline
Message 54 of 83
Anonymous

Phased painted materials, the painted material  is aplied to the object by the phase the material is applied on. this is an option on the paint material dialog window, a checkbox to control if the material is applied universal or to current phase.

Message 55 of 83
DanDomine

For Revit 2016, I would like to see a road/path tool that actually cuts/fills topography with options of sidewalks.

Also, I would love to be able to use 3ds max models as components (trees, plants, furniture, etc...) directly in revit. That way I can continue to modify my project and have trees that show in a rendered plan.

I also agree to the idea of an option for floors and roofs to have timber or metal beam structure integrated and parametric.

Message 56 of 83
gtenorio98

I want revit allows me to make videos with tours and effects Lumion, twinmotion, lumen
Message 57 of 83
caltineller

I like it the way it is, it is a hate-love relationship. It feels like a car that you only can start. Please don't change anything about it, but add more features that are nice, useful, but when it comes to utilise making me cancer. Thank you.

Message 58 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: caltineller

(Interface) We do not want to change, out of the box Revit looks and feels the same. it can stay the way it is. Just allow if a power user that wants to customize, he/she is not limited. one click or hidden in the option window, open the GUI up to a wide range of option like a way to customize:

1. Customizable interface is vital. custom tool bars and commands to be placed top, sides or/bottom. View commands as zoom, Extents, window, pan buttons to be placed in tool bars also.

2. Customizable images size of families in the current file, in the Project browser list and property palette list.

3. Saved Customized Workspace drop down, Workspace switching similar to 3dsmax.

4. Show 3d Camera Button in any view.

5. Dark interface (Buttons and drop downs) simular to Autocad 2015 and Adobe 2015 products

6. Manage Tabs to manage multiple open files

7. Customizable (Colors and type) Pointer to Crosshairs

8. Customizable View 3D Grid to infinity, major and minor lines (Colors, size, line type,thickness and type) (visual Not selectable)

9. Print Button on toolbars

Message 59 of 83
Anonymous

i ned revit all pro. 2016

Message 60 of 83
octavio2

Millions of Kudos to w-fish when He wrote: " much better printing options including PDF (Most of the people out there work with PDF - even AutoCad has a direct PDF possibility or a window function to print something fast)"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report