Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this Gun Symbol that appears on my Revit?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
974 Views, 14 Replies

What is this Gun Symbol that appears on my Revit?

SnipImage.JPG

What is this gun logo/symbol that keeps appearing in all my Revit views?  I have no other symptoms, everything still works fine.  Exit/restart does not fix it. 

I tried various searches, and it seems that no one else has posted anything about it.

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
kadmonkee
in reply to: Anonymous

is it associated with a sheet or just a view?

is it in all views?

can you select it?

is it part of a family in the model?

if you unload a linked model does it go away?

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 15
David_Knight

What monitor do you use?

What video card do you use?

Does this show up on other programs too?

Its not revit.

I'm wondering if it is something tied to your video card or monitor.

Often on gaming monitors there are settings and this kinda looks like it might be that.

My uncle's monitor put a cross-hair in the middle of everything all the time.  I figured out how to get rid of it once I realized it was his monitor.

Message 4 of 15
Sahay_R

Interesting. By any chances, has a gun image snuck into your model? Look in Manage>>Manage Images.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: kadmonkee

All views and sheets.

Cannot select it.  It stays in "absolute" positioning in the window. (IOW it does not move when I pan the model view, it remains fixed in relation to the Revit window.)

No linked models in the project.  Also has appeared in other projects.

It is not a monitor thing since it will move to stay in the Revit window if I resize the Revit window.

It is a Revit thing. Only appears in Revit, not the first time this has happened.  Only appears for a couple seconds at full opacity, then goes down to about 10% opacity aka: "ghosted".

Can't select it.  It appears on its own, in different projects.  It's not related to any family or model, or project.  It is a Revit system notification, no data on the meaning of the notification. I am just wondering if anyone knows what it means. Or if there is a fix.

Message 6 of 15
Sahay_R

Do you see this on a different machine?

Can you share a file where this behavior occurs? This would help to solve the Mystery of the Fantom Firearm.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 7 of 15
David_Knight

what monitor and video card do you use?

Since it stays in place and shows up on multiple files; I still think its a monitor and/or video card setting that is on for certain programs using hardware acceleration.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Sahay_R

It is definitely not part of Revit.  What is your monitor model and brand? Also what kind of video card do you have?

I'm guessing your monitor has a gaming mode and it recognizes that Revit is a 3D program and thinks it needs to shift to game mode.

Knowing the monitor info can help diagnose the issue.

Message 9 of 15
David_Knight

I think i found it....

Its an asus feature (part of the motherboard / sound card likely).

It is a 3d gaming enhancement.

Its called "Asus Sonic Radar"

Screenshot i found is attached as well, but here is an image of menu

See on the right? "All Threats"

information on it:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7022/asus-rog-press-conference-sonic-radar-gaming-software

How to disable it:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/567237/asus-sonic-radar/

•  think you can go into Realtek HD Audio Manager to do the settings.
  • Or, press <Right Ctrl> + Numeric Pad <0> (or <1>...dont remember exactly) to hide/show the Radar display.

Give that a try.

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: David_Knight

Thought it looked familiar....I have that installed at home too.  But it has never popped up on me while I had Revit open.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: David_Knight

Great job finding the icon.  Unfortunately, none of those suggestions worked.  I may just uninstall the Realtek Audio manager.  Any other ideas?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

No, uninstall the Sonic Radar...the realtek is your sound card drivers, which will just reinstall the next time Windows opens.

Or...you probably have a round floating circle on your screen somewhere....go into the options for that and disable or just close it and remove it from the startup menu.

Now I remember what that icon is for...it is supposed to pop up if the sound of gunfire is heard while in game.  What the heck are you listening to while working?

Message 13 of 15
David_Knight

It's probably auto enabled when any hardware graphic program is launched.

The icon itself doesn't mean "gunfire"... It's a radar and it lights up around the gun icon depending on where the sound is relative to you.

I ran across a few posts that suggest uninstalling the ROG drivers, and replacing then with the standard Realtek drivers will remove the sonic radar "feature"

you might try this:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=8&PFid=14&Level=3&Conn=2

I do not know which version of the driver you need.  You would want to check your device manager before you uninstall them to ensure you have the correct ones selected (it should say which they are).  Or tell me your motherboard you have and I can look it up for you.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

@Anonymous,

I played with this on my computer this morning....in your start bar/running apps, you should see an icon similar to your icon you are having issues with.

Right click the Icon/App and uncheck everything shown in the menu.  It won't come back until you run the program again from the start menu.  I disabled mine months ago and is the reason it looked familiar, but totally forgot about it.

Message 15 of 15
ToanDN

I totally want these symbols if they can be activated on demand when I do screen demonstration in this office.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report