Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the use of Railing Option within the Modify Stairs Command

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Gangula2
2813 Views, 3 Replies

What is the use of Railing Option within the Modify Stairs Command

Recently when I have a problem with railing in stairs, I've observed that there is an option to edit railings within the modify stairs command. But that seems to be grayed out almost always as shown below.

What is the use of the tool and how & when can we use it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sahay_R
in reply to: Gangula2

The same toolbar comes up when you are creating a stair. That is when the Railing button is live.

Capture.JPG

When you are modifying a stair, the button is greyed out as is in your screenshot.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 4
loboarch
in reply to: Gangula2

That button is there and active during stair creation. it allows you to control the railing that is automatically attached to the stair during stair creation.

In the edit mode the railing button is grayed out and not able to be used. it is there because the UI framework is reusing the same toolbar/tab that is used during stair creation. They did not bother to make separate create tabs and modify tabs, but instead just use the same UI and gray the tool that is not applicable in this situation.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 4 of 4
mark.perry2JUEM
in reply to: loboarch

So can I change a hosted railing from the stair to the stringer or vice versa AFTER drawing the stairs? Do I have to recreate the stair?  Ugh. 

markperry2JUEM_0-1628282853667.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report