Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with my Revit display? Orthogonal lines appear skewed on linked DWG file with Block References.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tommyleeh
580 Views, 4 Replies

What is going on with my Revit display? Orthogonal lines appear skewed on linked DWG file with Block References.

Hello,

I am working on a project with a set of linked DWG files. However, these DWG files do not display properly when viewed in Revit. The attached screenshots show the same box (representing a concrete column) in AutoCAD 2021 and Revit 2021. In AutoCAD, all lines are orthogonal. In Revit, however, the lines do not appear orthogonal, even though their dimensions seem to interpret them as orthogonal. Furthermore, zooming in and out changes how these lines appear.

Sketchy lines are not turned on, and I have not made any alteration to the DWG to arrive at the attached images. This is the first time I have encountered this, and I have used linked DWGs many times before.

I think it may be an issue with items that are "Block References" in AutoCAD - if I explode one block reference in the linked DWG, but keep the rest of the geometry as a block reference, the exploded geometry behaves as expected. The attached video shows how the block reference (in gray) geometry behaves - as I pan around the view, the exploded geometry (black box) is stable, which the block reference geometry seem to display properly and skips around as it tries to catch up.

I could explode the geometry of each of my linked DWGs, but I would like to know why this happens when the DWG displays smoothly and properly in AutoCAD.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
barthbradley
in reply to: tommyleeh

Is the DWG Origin located a long way away from Revit's  Internal Origin? 

About the Maximum Distance Limit | Revit | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Message 3 of 5
syman2000
in reply to: tommyleeh

This is common if you have DWG more than 10km away. If you move the DWG closer to 0,0, the drawing will display correctly.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 5
tommyleeh
in reply to: barthbradley

It is indeed - this appears to be the issue. Thanks for the helpful link!

Message 5 of 5
tommyleeh
in reply to: syman2000

I see, that's a new one for me! Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators