Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the most BIM software used in Europe? USA?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4493 Views, 6 Replies

What are the most BIM software used in Europe? USA?

Dear all,

on Internet I have no found what are the most BIM software used in different countries, such as Europe, USA... I could image the first one might is Revit but I looking for data from the published literature

Thanks in advanced!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

I understand that Nemetscheck Vectorworks and Bentley Architecture are both reasonably popular.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

And Archicad to add to @chrisplyler's comment.

I think ArchiCAD has the foothold on the European market, but Revit is gaining popularity.  The main reason for this is ArchiCAD has been the primary 3D modeler for years before Revit was even a concept idea.  Yeah, Autodesk has Autocad Architecture (aka Architectural Desktop) and Graphisoft Reps used the "Architectural Desktop is going away soon" to sell ArchiCAD. (yeah, we bought ArchiCAD...)  With more companies going to Revit, Graphisoft has been scrambling to try to keep ahead of Revit, even introducing a better workflow with Revit MEP and Structural users for collaboration.

Many firms have multiple software packages to keep them competitive with other firms that may be a single software office.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

I mean, I looking for the official statistics from data literature

Message 5 of 7
dgorsman

Different clients may want/demand different software so they get the model and data in a specific format.  When you're dealing with very detailed BIM content converting between software packages introduces too much work and possibility of error.  Turning away clients because "we will never use Windows/Autodesk/etc." doesn't make for ongoing work.

As for "official" data - it doesn't exist.  Identify the big companies, have a look through their websites and job offers.  Also have a look at college and university courses - demand for software skills will usually result in more courses offered.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: dgorsman

I think there are some official data about it (but I don't know where!), such as NBS report for UK goverment.

Message 7 of 7
chrisplyler

What official statistics? A comparison of various companies' sales data by country? A survey of AEC companies about their software of choice? Do you imagine there is some global database detailing what software was used for every project by everyone everywhere?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report