Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird semi-wireframe view

41 REPLIES 41
SOLVED
Message 1 of 42
Anonymous
45147 Views, 41 Replies

Weird semi-wireframe view

Any ideas why my 3D view would all the sudden show like this? Opened up Revit and view looks like that in "shaded" state.

Screenshot_16.png

41 REPLIES 41
Message 2 of 42
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

1. Check Show Hidden Lines of the View properties.

Capture.PNG

2.  Sometime it is a graphic card issue.  Cycle between enable/disable hardware acceleration.

Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Checked both of those and had already cycled through HW acceleration a couple fo times as my thoughts were down this line.

With hidden lines on, it shows like this...

Screenshot_17.png

with them off shows like this.

Screenshot_18.png

Cycling through HW acceleration doesn't do anything. I've tried it several times. 

The weird thing is this did not happen until today. I'm upgraded to 2017.2 - maybe that broke something. My rig is the same. Specs below...

Alienware Aurora R5

Win10

i7-6700

16GB Ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 1070

Worked like a charm until today !?

Message 4 of 42
ToanDN

Did you give the computer a proper restart after the upgrade?
Message 5 of 42
Anonymous

Yes - three times in fact... I keep thinking "one more time" is going to make it better 🙂

Message 6 of 42
ToanDN

I would run an Audit: start Revit, open the file and check Audit box.
Message 7 of 42
RDAOU

@Anonymous

It appears as if you applied transparency to walls...most probably you haven't but it looks like!!

1. Is is just the 3D View or also all other 3Ds including cams?
  2. What happens if you duplicate the view?
  3. If you delete the view and recreate it? Would that solve the issue?

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous

Ran an audit. Followed audit instructions per help page. Same result.

Message 9 of 42
ToanDN

If after recreate the View as suggested and the problem persists. Feel free
to share the model if you can.
Message 10 of 42
Anonymous

Toan;

Just checked the same model on my laptop and it has the same issue, so I don't think it's GFX card related. I'll send you the model in a PM.

Marc

Message 11 of 42
RDAOU

@Anonymous Did you try to recreate the view?!

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 12 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

@RDAOU @ToanDN - I just figured out what happed - sort of. I had extra 3D views populated that are named (wall sconce) - No idea how they ended up in there... maybe my co-worker accidentally produced them. Once I delete that one and re-create the view it shows up correctly. What I still can't figure out is why that view is showing like that.

Screenshot_1.png

Message 13 of 42
ToanDN

The view has an excessive eye and target levels.  I changed it to some reasonable number and that fixed it.  Notice the View type (Wall sconce or not does not matter).  For cases like this, easiest way is create a new view.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Message 14 of 42
RDAOU

@Anonymous

It would be hard to know without the model in hand...regardless, the recreate view sorted out the issue and that's what counts

Message 15 of 42
Anonymous

Thx to both of you @ToanDN and @RDAOU for pitching in on this. Guys like you make the Revit experience so much better!

Message 16 of 42
hmunsell

" What I still can't figure out is why that view is showing like that."

so did you ever figure out why it "looked like that". i am having a similar issue with a use in my office. not quite as bad, but all the doors and windows look like there partially wire frame. it only looks like this on this particular project file, any other project looks fine,

wireframe 2.JPGwireframe 1.JPG

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell we had the same issue on a single small residential project. After a fair amount of trouble shooting it was tied to a CAD link that had Civil topography father than 20 miles from the origin. Revit can't handle this in CAD links.

We generated a 'CAD_Topography' workset and turned it off globally; only turning it on in the Site Plan view; this was the most direct solution. We have a few other workarounds, but they involve messing with the topography in CAD.

Message 18 of 42
ayodessa.louisZEG5E

I can confirm from my own experience that my CAD file was the issue. (Extents issue)

Message 19 of 42
Anonymous

This worked for me , thanks!

@ToanDN wrote:

The view has an excessive eye and target levels.  I changed it to some reasonable number and that fixed it.  Notice the View type (Wall sconce or not does not matter).  For cases like this, easiest way is create a new view.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Message 20 of 42
timdebeer

You could try switching the camera settings from orthographic to perspective and then back again, worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report