Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to reference the built-in "Function" door parameter in other formulas

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
AlexLibengood
171 Views, 1 Reply

Way to reference the built-in "Function" door parameter in other formulas

Revit's door families have a built-in parameter named "Function" with a drop -down that allows you to set whether the door is an "Interior" or "Exterior" door.

Is it possible to reference this parameter in other parameter formulas?  For example, if the door function is set to "Exterior", I want the door threshold visibility to be turned on, but if it is set to "Interior", then the threshold visibility should be set to off.

Screenshot 2022-10-28 153401.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-28 153508.jpg

As seen above, just trying to reference the parameter by it's name doesn't work.

I could just have the user control the threshold visibility with another yes/no parameter, but it would be a lot simpler for them to just rely on the built-in Function parameter since we're already using that in our schedules and not have to worry about the threshold visibility in addition to that.  So if someone knows how to reference that built-in parameter, I would be grateful to know how!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ToanDN
in reply to: AlexLibengood

Function is a Type parameter so I would create different types for Interior and Exterior then set the threshold visibility per type.  It is a one time setting for each type so it is not that bad. 

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators