Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Sweeps: Curved Window Openings Not Generating Properly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TasnimTarannum
307 Views, 6 Replies

Wall Sweeps: Curved Window Openings Not Generating Properly

I have created a Sweep profile according to this video (https://youtu.be/PND9RA0OYLc?si=FDwCwd1t5PfhUCYY&t=115), but it doesn't create a proper opening for a curved door or window. It's okay for rectangular or square-shaped openings, but not with curved ones. What can I do?

2.png

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

The curves are not cutting the way you want, but neither are the cuts at the bottom or top of the window. The Revit handles a wall sweep is to sweep the profile along the full length (if horizontal) of the wall. A vertical opening will cut the profile neatly parallel to the profile, a horizontal opening will completely cut the sweep at the origin.

The only way to cut wall sweeps on a curve is to use an in-place mass solid form joined to the wall sweeps.

LachlanJWP_0-1712806716919.png

Message 3 of 7

Thank you. It works only when I create the in-place mass and join or cut the geometry, but once I add a window, the issue remains the same.

194ae363-dd53-4e77-b779-0b367c4743de.png

22.png

Message 4 of 7

You can remove the opening from the window family, but you'll have to do a lot of work to apply this to every opening/door/window in the cladding. Is it necessary to model the cladding at all? I would add a wall layer with the correct thickness and apply a material to it that had the right appearance in elevation, then I'd just use a repeating detail to show the cladding in section. This would only need to be done in a couple of places and would save you a lot of time and effort.

Message 5 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: TasnimTarannum

Use wall reveals instead of wall sweeps.

Message 6 of 7

@ToanDNI get the same issue when using wall reveal instead of sweeps.

LachlanJWP_0-1712881815561.png

Message 7 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Lachlan-JWP

@Lachlan-JWP wrote:

@ToanDNI get the same issue when using wall reveal instead of sweeps.

LachlanJWP_0-1712881815561.png

That is because your reveals are very wide.  OP reveals should be minimal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report