Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALL SWEEPS AND TIGHT GEOMETRY - WHAT TO DO?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
christopher_c_donovan
190 Views, 3 Replies

WALL SWEEPS AND TIGHT GEOMETRY - WHAT TO DO?

Having trouble fitting a Wall Sweep [Capping on Wall] to the tight geometry of the Pool  Wall. 

I have approached it from several different directions but experienced similar problems in most cases getting the furthest using a cap profile sitting on top of a Wall. [Note: Making a profile of the whole wall including the cap doesn't work at all] The main problem is getting the radial sections [radius 400mm] to join with the straight sections [300mm] though sometimes the 300mm straight sections will not join/fillet well.

I attach the Project and Profile Family.  

In closing, I understand that the shape of the pool wall on its back edge in the radial sections is "unrealistic" and obviously wouldn't be built this way but this is the way Revit presents it. In a similar situation I "squared off" the back edge of the wall but Revit didn't like this either [you end up with a tiny straight edge that is not matched by the geometry of the Front Face of the wall [which I guess confuses Revit?]

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

When challenges like this arise, I build a custom family via In-Place Model. It may require a combination joined geometries to achieve - both Solids (additive modeling) and Voids (e.g. subtractive modeling).  

Ditch the sweep.  That's my advice.  

Message 3 of 4

Thanks - into the Valley of Death then? - will post result.
Message 4 of 4

@christopher_c_donovan wrote:
Thanks - into the Valley of Death then? - will post result.

What was your solution?  Death?  😉  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators