Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Properties (Base and Top Constraint) seem to be copied from Columns

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
smaddenXUYER
425 Views, 8 Replies

Wall Properties (Base and Top Constraint) seem to be copied from Columns

I'm having this really weird glitch in Revit 2023.

I modeled an entire basement space with level 1 being 10' above. I then loaded in a column from Autodesk families in the insert tab. I then needed to model more walls. When I activated the wall tool I noticed that the wall wasnt showing up. Because it took the natural column data. (Base offset defaulted to -10' of Basement level and top constraint to Basement Level) I then go to change the top constraint to Level 1 and I get the error message saying "top constraint is invalid for the level".

Now I cannot draw any walls with top constraint set to anything other than "unconnected". I can edit all of the walls information AFTER its drawn with no issues. But when I click the wall tool and want to edit all its parameters to draw it so I can draw more than 1 consecutively it will not let me. Its such a pain.

Even when I finish making all the edits on the wall to make it correct and then select it and use (CS) "create similar" it activates the wall tool but REVERTS all the parameters I just fixed to the original incorrect parameters that resemble column parameters i.e -10' Base Constraint

Does anyone have a fix for this?

PDF's attached for reference below

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
barthbradley
in reply to: smaddenXUYER

Structural Wall default direction is downward - not upward from Level. You can change it on the Options Bar before placing. 

SWDepth.png

Message 3 of 9
barthbradley

Actually, maybe I misread.  I see the error message in your Screenshot about invalid Level. Tell me this: what is First Floor Level's Associated Level? Same question for Basement Level. What's its Associated Level?  

Message 4 of 9
smaddenXUYER
in reply to: barthbradley

Thank you but it is an architectural wall, see image of options below

smaddenXUYER_0-1706453354010.png

Message 5 of 9
smaddenXUYER

Basement Level > Basement

First Floor > First Floor

smaddenXUYER_0-1706453450235.png

They are associated properly unless i'm missing something

Message 6 of 9
barthbradley

@smaddenXUYER wrote:

Thank you but it is an architectural wall, see image of options below

smaddenXUYER_0-1706453354010.png

Yes, I see. Looks like Depth is grayed out so you cannot change it.  Change the Wall Function.

Message 7 of 9
smaddenXUYER

Not a stacked wall, Normal Arch wall

Message 8 of 9
barthbradley

Change Function to something other than Foundation.

Wall Function.png

Message 9 of 9
smaddenXUYER

That worked perfectly. I have never seen that parameter before. Very good to know.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators