Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Opening

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
422 Views, 3 Replies

Wall Opening

Does anyone have a solution for modifying or creating a wall opening that can be placd in a double wall (two separate parallel wood framed walls created to produce the appearance of a single thick wall with gypsum board on the outside faces)? I'm trying to make arch top archways and have tried successfully by using a voin extrusion to create the opening then creating a solid extrusion with the material property being gypsum board but getting this cobbeled approach is not altogether functional when the components need to be modified or moved.If I place the same archway in each wall, a distinct line follows the point where they meet around the inside face of the opening.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a new door family with no geometry drawn in it.  Then edit the profile for the opening to be the shape for your archway.

This way, you'll be able to schedule the archways and place them in live legend views.  And if you parametricize the family correctly, you can have any number of arched opening widths/radii.

And to get it to cut both walls, you'll have to join the walls first.  Modify tab --> Join, then select the two walls.  Any family that cuts one wall will then also cut any joined walls.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the input. Works exactly as intended. So simple. To paraphrase an old Almond Joy commercial "Sometimes youi feel like a nut . . ."!

Message 4 of 4
rosskirby

Glad I could help.  Make sure you mark my previous post as a solution so that others can make use of it as well.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report