Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Location line appears not to work properly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
steven.swain
352 Views, 5 Replies

Wall Location line appears not to work properly

When i change the Wall Location Line nothing seems to happen. No matter what alignment i select (interior face, exterior face) it always keeps the walls location line, within the model, in the center of the wall. It will say that it is external but will still be in the center. I am new to revit so i may not understand exactly how this function works, but i can't see any other settings that would influence this function of the program. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ToanDN
in reply to: steven.swain

Changing wall location line does not change the wall location, if that is what you expect.  But if you use space bar to flip the wall, it will flip based on the new location line.

Message 3 of 6
barthbradley

Wall Location 1.png

Wall Location 2.png

Message 4 of 6
steven.swain
in reply to: barthbradley

the problem is that all the temporary dimensions reference the centre of the wall rather than an external face or internal. when I want to draw a new wall 2m away from the interior corner of an existing wall, it will always snap to the centre line even when I have selected the interior corner.
Message 5 of 6
barthbradley

@steven.swain wrote:
the problem is that all the temporary dimensions reference the centre of the wall rather than an external face or internal. when I want to draw a new wall 2m away from the interior corner of an existing wall, it will always snap to the centre line even when I have selected the interior corner.

Huh? That's a little off-topic; don't you think?  😉 

Help | Specify Temporary Dimension Settings | Autodesk

Temp Dim Prop.png

Message 6 of 6
steven.swain
in reply to: barthbradley

as mentioned I am new to this program and that is one very hidden menu item.Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report