Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall does not show on legend as displayed in plan view

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
David125
473 Views, 12 Replies

Wall does not show on legend as displayed in plan view

I can't get my line to show on a legend view as it shows in my plan view. Do filters work the same on legend views as on regular plan views. Is there something special I should be checking in VG?

David125_0-1719521702599.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
barthbradley
in reply to: David125

Is that coming from the Wall's Coarse Scale Fill Color/Pattern? Is the Legend Coarse Detail Level?   

WallsinLegend.png

Message 3 of 13
David125
in reply to: barthbradley

The legend is same detail level as the plan view, coarse. The scale is the same.

Message 4 of 13
barthbradley

@David125 wrote:

The legend is same detail level as the plan view, coarse. The scale is the same.

So, it is coming from the Wall Types' Coarse Scale Fill Pattern/Color?  

Message 5 of 13
barthbradley

Check under the properties of the individual Legend Components themselves.  Is Detail Level set to By View?  

Message 6 of 13
David125

Is this the setting?

David125_0-1719588569752.png

Message 7 of 13
barthbradley

Post your file and I'll take a look and see.  

Message 8 of 13
David125

Here it is, Revit 2023

Message 9 of 13
ToanDN

The wall patterns in the plan view are from filters, not from Coarse scale cut patterns.  Please use Coarse scale cut patterns then you will see them in the legend view.

ToanDN_0-1719593571780.png

Message 10 of 13
barthbradley

CFColorPattern.png

Message 11 of 13
barthbradley

You know @David125, we were there yesterday.  Did you read my first question? How 'bout my second question?  I winded myself asking the same question over and over again.    

Message 12 of 13
David125

I did read your question, and the detail level of the view, legend and legend item were all the same. The cause of my issue was that I was using filters to get my pattern.

Message 13 of 13
barthbradley

@David125 wrote:

I did read your question, and the detail level of the view, legend and legend item were all the same. The cause of my issue was that I was using filters to get my pattern.

You clearly did not read my question. I never mentioned "detail level" in second reply.  In both my replies I mentioned Wall's Coarse Scale Fill Pattern/Color

Whatever.  I'll try using ALL CAPS the next time I reply to a question of yours. Maybe that'll help.  😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report