Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall components change thickness when doors inserted or joined with columns

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
396 Views, 7 Replies

Wall components change thickness when doors inserted or joined with columns

Hello, I am using Revit 2019 and am having an unusual problem which I couldn't even find on a forum before. For some weird reason, when I both join a wall to a column and insert a door or window in it nearby, the thickness of the wall components automatically change. If I erase the door, or unjoin from the column, it goes back to normal. I'll upload some screenshots for you to see what I mean. In the second one, even though it looks fine, the column is not joined with the wall. I'm having the same problem with various walls in my project.

1.png2.png

Thanks!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dferreira-blackwell
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried but it doesn't happen in mine. If possible can you list the steps to reproduce this issue.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dferreira-blackwell

The structure was the first thing I modeled. When I model the wall there's no problem at first, the problem happens once the door/window is inserted in the wall and I join the wall with the column

Message 4 of 8
dferreira-blackwell

I tried doing the same way but no issues to report.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dferreira-blackwell

Do you think it may be possible it has to do with my specific file? Like maybe it's corrupt or something of the sort.

Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

I have had it happened in an older version. What version are you?
Message 7 of 8
dferreira-blackwell

Maybe but can't say for sure. Try this open new project and just copy paste this element structure wall and window. see what happens there..!

Message 8 of 8
barthbradley

Well, Joined elements do share the same line weight.  Is this what you are seeing?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report