Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void sweeps in door extrusion show up while in family but not in project

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
johnw
742 Views, 3 Replies

Void sweeps in door extrusion show up while in family but not in project

I added some void sweeps to create a "panel" appearance in a door. The door shows the channels i created while I'm in the family. Once I load it into the Model the voids to not appear. See attachment.

Any thoughts I why this may be happening?

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Thanks,

John 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: johnw

Your voids are hosted on a reference plane called "Int Door Face" which is free to move without any constraint to the host wall. The voids work properly only for a wall that is 12" thick, which is the same you have in the door family. Notice that if the host wall in the project is also 12" thick, then the voids work properly. The solution is to constrain that reference plane in the family so that the voids are always at a certain distance from the face of the wall.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
johnw
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Will constraining that ref plane to the centerline of the door do the same thing?
Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: johnw

It depends on what is the preferred position for you door in relation to the host wall. If the center line of the wall is the best reference, fine. If it works better from one of the two faces of the wall, fine. Bottom line is that the plane needs to be constrained in relation to the host wall. At the moment, that reference plane named as Int Door Face is not constrained to anything,

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report