Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Void in an In place Family

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1736 Views, 4 Replies

Void in an In place Family

So, I am working of a custom joinery, which required me to do an in place family.

The object has a complex geometry, thus the family is composed of various forms and void forms.

The problem is this: when I create a new void, and it is NOT cutting the elements I want it to cut, it's really difficult to select it once I'm using the Cut command, as the void form is not visible and no matter how many times I hover around pressing TAB, it won't show up. Is there a way to make the voids visible/easier to select once I'm using a command?

Just to clarify: I have no problem selecting the void when NOT using a command, I just do a window selection and when everything is highlighted I can easily pick it up. But I can't do that when trying to use a command.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have the same problem all the time - i use the temporary hide isolate and hide everything that i don't need so i can find the correct void

Message 3 of 5
Corsten.Au

Voids will  only automatically cut solids that were created before that void..

if you follow this simple rule, you wont face much problems..

Cheers!

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Corsten.Au

Hi Ganesh, yeah, I know that, but what about the solids I add after the void has been created and that is already cutting other stuff?

Message 5 of 5
Corsten.Au

combine all the solids , and combine all the voids..

have a simple model.

if you have multiple solid and voids, then i would suggest create

a family of some category ( not in-place family ), some family ex: furniture, casework, etc..

Cheers

Corsten
Building Designer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators