Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

visibility nested pile symbol

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
823 Views, 4 Replies

visibility nested pile symbol

I have a pile with nested pile symbol. I do want to see the symbol in my pile plan (sheet A) but not in my Level 0 (sheet B).

How can I achieve this?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tuuletin
in reply to: Anonymous

Guess, you can do it, for example, playing with the visibility options.

Giving you this idea:

the pile — visible while coarse, medium and fine.

The pile symbol — visible while coarse and medium.

Sheet A — medium detail level → you see the pile and the pile symbol.

Sheet B — fine detail level → you see only the pile.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tuuletin

Hey, that works for me at this moment. Thanks!
If you have a more ideal solution, let me know...
Message 4 of 5
tuuletin

Hope, this is the only family you need to control by detail level... Because it can easily become too complicated to keep an eye on every family controlled by detail level Cat Sad

I guess, there is no another way of doing it...

We can use a parameter to control some family visibility, but this will be applied to all views.

Or just to draw a "symbol" manually by a detail component family (and place it where you need by hand), but here is too much manual work.

Any other ideas? Cat Surprised

Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

Any chance that the graphics of the nested pile symbol could be drawn on a unique subcategory, which could then be turned on or off (in visibility graphics or your view template, if you use them) as needed by individual views?

As an architect, I rarely deal with needing annotation on piles, so I am not aware if the nested symbol of which you speak is built into the program or whether this is a custom annotation that you (or someone at your firm, or that someone at your firm got from some third party).  If you added it, you should be able to modify it to give you visibility control over the graphics inside.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report