Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Note Block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mbartolucci
278 Views, 4 Replies

Very Slow Note Block

I created a symbol with some text parameters so that I can show locations for signage throughout a building we are working on, on the plan. The symbol has a label, so that I can number each symbol individually. From there, I created a Note Block to schedule the symbol, and provide information on each sign (example, sign 001, dimensions, height from floor, description). 

I am happy with how the symbol is set up, and how it is being scheduled. The only issue is that it is painfully slow. When I try to enter information in any of the text parameters, it takes several seconds for the information I typed out to be shown in the schedule... Admittedly, the project is quite large and there is a lot of information in the model, but is there anything I can do to fix this? Perhaps theres a better way? We are talking about several hundred symbols to be placed on the plan, so I am trying to find an efficient solution to the problem...

Labels (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Is this a symbol you can post so we can get a better look at how it's put together?

Message 3 of 5
syman2000
in reply to: mbartolucci

Before you look into noteblock, check and see how many errors/warnings you have in your project. Usually those errors/warnings will contribute to model slowdown and any information you add to noteblock will seem slow.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 4 of 5
mbartolucci
in reply to: syman2000

Yeah... I tried putting it into another model and it seems to work ok. Got tons of warnings/errors... I assume theres no way of quickly fixing these issues?

Message 5 of 5
syman2000
in reply to: mbartolucci

It depends on the errors. You can fix the duplicate mark easily using schedule. As for others, you may want to export the error message and see what else can be fixed.

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report