Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using wall to cut out of curtain wall (to avoid editing curtain wall profile)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
candicebrand
216 Views, 3 Replies

Using wall to cut out of curtain wall (to avoid editing curtain wall profile)

Hi, 

I am trying to find a smarter modelling solution than what we have done before. 

I need a low wall up to 900mm and a curtain wall on top of that whereby the windows start at 900 but the doors go to the floor/base constraint and a wall/bulkhead on top of that from ceiling height to the underside of the slab. 

My thought was to model the curtain wall without an offset (from base constraint to ceiling height). Model a low wall of 900mm and model a bulkhead from ceiling height to underside of slab. Is it possible to join the wall and curtain wall so that the wall will be the dominant element and cut the curtainwall family at 900mm while allowing the doors to go to ground? I want to avoid editing the profile of each curtain wall for each instance of low wall if possible.

I don't want to insert the wall into the curtainwall panels as this messes with the scheduling of wall quantities and makes the curtainwall schedule messy. 

candicebrand_1-1657013507684.png

Example of what I'm trying to achieve

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rxi.gg
in reply to: candicebrand

You can model everything inside a curtain wall. You can choose a basic wall as a panel of curtain wall

Roi G. | AUTODESK REVIT & DYNAMO EXPERT

Da un "Me gusta" si la respuesta te ha resultado útil y acéptala como solución si ha resuelto tu duda.
Give a "Like" if the answer has been useful to you and accept it as a solution if it has solved your doubt.

Message 3 of 4
candicebrand

Thanks for your response.

If I model it like that the area of 'basic wall type' inserted into the curtain panel isn't included in the wall schedule under it's wall type. The reason I haven't done it like this is that I presume the basic wall becomes apart of the curtain wall family and the quantities of the basic wall when scheduling get lost/excluded from my wall schedule. I did a small test and that seems to be the case. I unfortunately can't sacrifice the accuracy of the wall quantities on this as our model is being used for quantity take off. 

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

You can set the basic walls in the curtain wall to be Categorize as Wall then they will be showing in a wall schedule or wall material take-off schedule.

ToanDN_0-1657038501492.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report