Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload the whole content library

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1242 Views, 5 Replies

Upload the whole content library

I think this is a simple question but couldn´t find a similar one. 

First of all, should all the families from the content library be already uploaded or you must upload them on your project on the go? For example, right now I have a single family for doors, I´m almost sure (but not completly) that some weeks ago I had at least a few more families for doors in other project. I haven´t used Revit that much so I don´t know how it must be. 

Then, can I upload the whole content library at once? 

Labels (6)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
joe_keogh
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

By "upload", do you load them into a project?

Joe Keogh
Director | Design Technology + Innovation
www.viewlistic.com.au

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: joe_keogh

Yes. I´m sorry, Load*

Message 4 of 6
joe_keogh

No worries,

If the door families are all in the same folder, then you can select and load all at once

Joe Keogh
Director | Design Technology + Innovation
www.viewlistic.com.au

Message 5 of 6
ennujozlagam

you can also try transfer projects standards and select only those you need .thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 6
emodderman

you *can* load as many door families into your project as you want, but loading more than you might need can bog down your project. I would load a few in and load more as required. If you have a Project Template that you start your projects from, I would suggest loading your typical/most often used door families in to the Template so you always have them at the start of every project. 

Also, if you discover families going missing throughout a project, someone may be using the Purge command and purging all unused families from the project. Best practice when purging is to only purge the specific families you want to remove so you don't lose families you might still need. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report