Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade model fail

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
giel_lambrechts
663 Views, 12 Replies

Upgrade model fail

giel_lambrechts_0-1715063248178.png

Yesterday I worked on a model saved it closed my pc. Today it asks me wanne upgrade model? I click on Upgrade the model but I get the following error.

giel_lambrechts_1-1715063380034.png

I tried backup files from a day ago and it also says it. other model work fine only this one gives me an error.
whats can I do?
This is what i see after the error

giel_lambrechts_2-1715063534850.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
eizinmyat
in reply to: giel_lambrechts

Hello,

Could you try coping the file to a local drive or at a different place with your file location before and open the revit file again?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Ei Zin Myat
Technical Sales Unit Engineer
ONESTRUCTION Co., Ltd.
eizinmyat@onestruction.com
Message 3 of 13
giel_lambrechts
in reply to: eizinmyat

I tried this already. I also tried opening it on an other computer. Its just this file including backup files from 1 -2 hours before.

Message 4 of 13
RSomppi

Does that file path exist on your D drive?

Message 5 of 13
DarrenP

try going through this: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Your-model-needs-t...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 13

I found a Back-up from on my google drive from a week before. This one is working so I'm just gonna start over again from there. I probably didn't close it right. I was working with dynamo so it probably went wrong there. 

Message 7 of 13
hmunsell

Just curious, in the first upgrade message it says upgrading from 2009 to 2024. Was the file actually in 2009?  i ask because I had a similar message when upgrading some models. I thought it was weird so I asked the engineer and they claimed the original was in 2020 format. I tried to upgrade the model a second time, this time picking Detach from Central & Audit, and didn't get the message again. 

I only saw it that one time and didn't screen capture it for proof LOL.

Howard Munsell
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
RSomppi
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell wrote:

Just curious, in the first upgrade message it says upgrading from 2009 to 2024. Was the file actually in 2009?  i ask because I had a similar message when upgrading some models.

This was a fairly common issue years ago. IIRC, it was due to families with old and/or imported content/data that wouldn't upgrade properly. The message about the 2009 content being upgraded was thought to be actually a default when the actual version could not be determined. I think families created from very old family templates was another possibility.

Message 9 of 13
hmunsell
in reply to: RSomppi

@RSomppi I've only seen that happen a couple time's over the years. I was wondering if it was something like that, Revit can't read the file for some reason and just defaults to 2009 as a default.... 

Howard Munsell

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
ToanDN

Always keep a copy of the original model when you upgrade.  This cannot be said enough.

Message 11 of 13
giel_lambrechts
in reply to: hmunsell

I use Revit 2024 so it should be that version.

Message 12 of 13
giel_lambrechts
in reply to: ToanDN

I was not trying to upgrade my model, I used it the day before and it asked me to upgrade my version because I saved it wrong probably. luckly for me I saved it on a google drive and that version is not corrupt

Message 13 of 13
RSomppi

You're welcome.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators