Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undo Invisible linetype

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
20185 Views, 16 Replies

Undo Invisible linetype

I accidentally made some model lines invisible with the invisible linetype and save the drawing without noticing it.  Is there a way to restore the original linetype?  Undo won't work because the drawing has been saved and closed.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot make model lines invisible with the invisible linetype. The invisible linetype can be applied with the Linework tool to edges of model objects, not to model lines.

Model lines can be set to a white color, though, which will make them invisible on a white background. Did you check the line style settings?

In addition, the lines might have been hidden with the usual hidding methods. Did you check the Reveal hidden elements mode? (light bulb icon)

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.  I failed to mention that I used the linework tool to make some model lines invisble.  Unfortunately, I was not paying close attention and chose some lines that I did not want invisible.  Now when I print elevations there are places such as roof lines that don't show.

Message 4 of 17
Alfredo_Medina

Go to the Reveal Hidden mode (light bulb icon) and use the linework tool there, to make them thin or medium lines again.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Also, if you want the "lines" to go back to their default value, use the linework tool to set them to "<By Category>"

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Reveal hidden doesn't show invisible lines.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

How to know where these invisible lines are and thus how to select them.?
Message 8 of 17
David_W_Koch

@Anonymous wrote:
How to know where these invisible lines are and thus how to select them.?

I do not have a one-button-shows-all answer, but, on the Modify ribbon tab, on the View panel, select the Linework tool.  Set the desired line style on the contextual Line Style panel, such as, By Category.  Now move the cursor over the view, to locations where you are expecting to see a line that was set to Invisible lines.  When you are above a line that was so set, it will highlight in the view, as shown in the image below.

ModifyLinework_InvisibleBackToByCategory.png

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks!

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you!

Message 11 of 17
Corsten.Au

Considering one View, where for ex : 10 lines are invisible, 

best way you find and correct them is, recreate, or duplicate the view

duplicating that view will give you a new View with all linetype RESET..

now you can compare those two views next to each other and fix it..

Linework ( LW ) by category will reset particular line, linetype..

Cheers

Corsten
Building Designer
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

Hovering your cursor will work as previously posted, but sometimes if I am not familiar with the the view, rather than hovering my cursor tediously over everything, I just duplicate with detailing. This removes all line work overrides, then I apply back any that I want. Hopefully, it hasn't been used excessively. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Corsten.Au

@ Ganesh - Wow! This is amazing! Thanks a ton!

Message 14 of 17
johnkTVSDW

SHORTCUT KEY "LW" AND CHOOSE LINETYPE (BY CATEGORY)

Message 15 of 17
johnkTVSDW

great idea, thanks

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

I had this problem.  You can simply use the same linework tool that you used to make the line invisible but toggle the line type to Thin Lines or whatever you want, and then hover over and click on the element where you want to restore lines to.

Message 17 of 17
DEMOARCHITECTS

I found a workaround if you have done many lines. Dashed overhead lines of a staircase for example. If you Cut and Paste in the existing location it will replace the object with an identical object. Then you can change the phasing as required. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report