Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underlaying Plans

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
475 Views, 5 Replies

Underlaying Plans

I try to underlay the roof plan under the first level and vice versa so I can control structural matters and how the roof fits the plan. SOme how it does NOT underlay. However it doesn underlay the ground floor under the first floor and vice versa; the first floor under the ground floor. I have attached the file .I have also restarted the programbut still the issue is NOt resolved. Mant Thanks in advance. 

undrly.JPG 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey @Anonymous

On the first floor level ...You need to set the following:

1. Base: Range level to LEVEL1 CIELING 
  2. Underlay Orientation: LOOK UP

This way you will see the roof underlay on the First Floor...

If you set ROOF as Range level and look up you will see the sky basically

original.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RDAOU

I dont  have the range base level as I see in your screen. My screen looks differen and I changed the underla orientationto cieling. IT STILL DOESN'T WORK. 

underlay.JPG

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

often when a memeber realises the fact taht I ma not a begginer and approaches my question form a more advanced point of view they are able to be more helpful. For isntance I don't see such thing on my Revit which you had shown me. 

Message 5 of 6
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

I am not sure what this has to do with you being a beginner or advanced?!

You just need to set underlay to LEVEL1CEILING and NOT  ROOF ....

So regardless of the version you are are using Puya; you are looking at the wrong level...The Level ROOF is way so high above the building so it is an underlay of nothing literally

Image1.png

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

the other option is to go to view range and setup all the options to one level like below. Else Revit since its BIM will overlap info and get confused and wont show anything. 

underly rslv.JPGundrly rslv2.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report