Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim (molding) on Coffered ceilings?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
969 Views, 2 Replies

Trim (molding) on Coffered ceilings?

Hello I just have a part of my project that i cant seem to find an answer anywhere so I thought id post here.

I have a grand entry foyer and the cieling has the coffers in it already but i need to put in trim crown molding around the interiors of them. I know about sweeps but i can only use wall sweeps it seems. If i make a new family for the ceiling i would lose what i need for it being so complex. If anyone could help me out with adding the trim, I would appreciate it. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RDAOU
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello I just have a part of my project that i cant seem to find an answer anywhere so I thought id post here.

I have a grand entry foyer and the ceiling has the coffers in it already but i need to put in trim crown molding around the interiors of them. I know about sweeps but i can only use wall sweeps it seems. If i make a new family for the ceiling i would lose what i need for it being so complex. If anyone could help me out with adding the trim, I would appreciate it. 

@Anonymous

From what you described, you should still be able to use the Wall: Wall Sweep and place the Crown Molding on the wall then align it with the ceiling coffers... You would still need to model the profile using the Profile Family Template (so no escape from families)

PS:

1. I didn't get the part on using a Family component being too complex!!
  2. Did you also check the Component: Model In-Place  option? or is that also out of the question? I think that is the only option to avoid using families

More clarity on the matter could help us help you more efficiently 🙂 A sketch (even a hand one) can also add clarity to what you are trying to model

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 3
chrisplyler
in reply to: Anonymous

If your coffers are made out of a wall type, then yes, you can add a wall sweep to the top of them while editing the wall type's structure.

Or, you could use the Architecture > Build > Wall > Wall Sweep tool to build the moulding without making a separate wall type.

Regardless of how the coffers are made, you could do it with an Architectural > Build > Component > Model in Place item.

Or you could actually create a family, either of just the mouldings or of the entire coffers with the mouldings included.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report