Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total No. of Sheets

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
manickavasakam_selvam
579 Views, 10 Replies

Total No. of Sheets

I want to create total no. of sheet in my sheet family like (Page 1 of 2) image attached below. Here I can create label for current page number, in fields there is the current page number parameter. But for total page number there is no parameter in fields. I create a shared parameter for Total page number, but in project parameter there is no way to add type parameter in sheets. If I add instance parameter, I want change total page number in all individual sheets. there is any other way to get it?. I want to add Total page no of sheet in my title block family. There is any way to automate and make it type parameter?

Thank you!...

manickavasakam_selvam_0-1706526636919.png

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

You cannot create a type parameter for that. You can create an instance parameter and link it to a global parameter in project, but that must be done to all sheets once they are created (or with a dynamo script for automation).

Still, the number must be inserted manually, or again, through a script that counts your total sheet number.

Architecture Modelling, BIM Workflows and Information Exchange.
LinkedIn
Message 3 of 11

Use a Shared Parameter, then in project create a project parameter and set the category to "Project Information" so that it will be the same everywhere.

You probably have it set to the "Sheets" category which is not necessary.

Message 4 of 11

Total Number of Sheets Number can be updated automatically if the Number is coming from a Sheet List.  

Parameter=Count. Uncheck Itemize Every Instance on Sorting/Grouping Tab. Uncheck Grid Line, Show Title and Show Headers on Appearance Tab. Place Schedule on Sheets.  

Total Shts.png

Message 5 of 11

If you go with the Schedule option as @barthbradley showed you can also keep your sheet name and sheet number parameters fields in the schedule and then in formatting you can set them to hidden.

This will allow you to use those parameters to filter so you do not count sheets not in your set.

MikeFORM_0-1706542753376.png

Message 6 of 11
hmunsell
in reply to: Mike.FORM

Only issue with using the "Count" is the project may be bigger that just your model. The project may have 200 sheets and you only have sheets 32-68 in your model. But that's a nice option if everything is in one model 🙂.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
Mike.FORM
in reply to: hmunsell

If the other models are linked in then it would still work if you have "Include Elements in Links" checked and those sheets are filtered correctly too.

The filtering could get complicated though since we still do not have "OR" filters.

Message 8 of 11

If you use a schedule then you would need to copy paste on every sheet.  And page numbers are not automatic filled without a lot of work.

A simple way is using Footer in a PDF program which will give you both page numbers and total pages.  Do it outside of Revit so you have a total control for the entire set of documents, whether they come from Revit, links, CAD, scanned, etc...

ToanDN_0-1706567500921.png

Message 9 of 11

Thank you..

Message 10 of 11

This information also help full thank you.

Message 11 of 11
hmunsell
in reply to: Mike.FORM

@Mike.FORM you are correct if all your sheets are in Revit 🙂. The issue with that at my office is many of our project sets include Civil, Enviromental, DOT's and/or other non-Revit disciplines.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators