Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOPOSURFACE SURFACE PATTERN

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
Anonymous
28439 Views, 29 Replies

TOPOSURFACE SURFACE PATTERN

Hi!

Is there still no way in Revit to have a surface pattern on topography. Maybe any cheat way? 😉

Thank you

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
aizedeririondo
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, this is not the greatest solution (PLEASE REVIT WORK ON SOLVING THIS), but it works.

Double click the shape of the area you want to put the pattern on like if you are going to edit the shape, once you are in modify mode copy this shape and exit without changing anything. Then go to create a filled region and instead of drawing, just paste the shape you just copied and fill the region with the pattern you like. This way you can have the exact same shape of the grass, concrete area, or any other area without spending so much time drawing it again.

Message 22 of 30

I use this all the time, the only thing I don't like about it is when changing the toposurface the filled region won't change - never mind, fingers crossed for Revit 2021.
Message 23 of 30
CalebSayers

Any movement on this? I'm guessing probably not. But I thought I'd check... given that it's 2021. 2 more years zero progress sounds about right for Autodesk.

Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: CalebSayers

yup they are still utterly confused about what needs to be remembered as in last option used (such as font type) which is what they say they do va the reality which defaults to some other thing. Utterly inept software developers. Pathetic- don’t listen to their paying customers.

Oy vei eh🤔

Message 25 of 30
AmbientePRO

Hi there, I am just taking the time to report that it is May 2021, and this issue is still unsolved.

I am quite disappointed regarding the balance between value and money when using Autodesk products.

Message 26 of 30
alakelele
in reply to: AndycMacp

Still no solution in 2022 ? Amazing really

Message 27 of 30
samantha.church

I'm working in the year of 2022 on Revit 2021, but I've found a workaround that's not elegant but gets the job done:

1. Open your topography subregion in edit mode, highlight all lines, and copy them. Then exit the subregion edit mode.

2. Go to the detail portion of your annotate tab and create filled detail region. Paste the lines you copied over top of where you drew the subregion. Then, make sure your type properties for the filled region have "masking" unchecked".

3. Finish your detail region and you've got your pattern fill for the subregion. Like I said, not elegant or precise, but in a pinch it'll work.

Message 28 of 30

+1 to this. This is currently what I do, but is a PITA when changes are made.... :S
Message 29 of 30
lyangyang

You still can't do this in 2023?????

Message 30 of 30
w.whitehowe1

this worked for me, not solved, but 'works', the only difference is I changed the shading colour and visual style to consist colours. 

Still no pattern though!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators