Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topography won't show in print preview

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bcdd
1108 Views, 7 Replies

Topography won't show in print preview

Hi folks,

I have created some topography from an autocad file successfully but when I go to print a sheet my contour lines will not show in the print preview and thus won't print. It's driving me bonkers.

See attached file

Can someone suggest a few things to check as to why this is happening please?

Dale

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: bcdd

go to VG (per view) > imported categories > and tick those layers. thanks

vggg.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
bcdd
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks @ennujozlagam. I'm referring to the contours lines generated by Revit that I'm not seeing in print preview. I note that I did have the imported cad turned off as I don't want to use these.

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

my apology which views in your file? can post some screenshot. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
bcdd
in reply to: ennujozlagam

@ennujozlagam If you take a look at sheets A104 - A1 and A07 - A3 you can see the contour lines generated by revit. But when I do a print preview they disappear. 

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam

i tried and its work fine but sometimes the line is missing. try to switch off your use hardware accelerations from options. update your graphics card driver to the latest and delete the existing sheet and create a new one. tick audit before opening the file and see if helps. thanks

2.JPG1.JPG

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Try using the raster printing option for this. 

Another option is to turn on wireframe.  This will work if it doesn't affect your other settings.

Message 8 of 8
bcdd
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous  Thanks heaps. The raster printing seems to have done the trick. When I use vector printing its random and erratic if the topo contours show on the print preview. Have done serveral test prints using the raster printing and its print previewed correctly and in turn printed correctly everytime. Thanks to @ennujozlagam  for your help along the way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators