Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Riser on stairs does not connect properly to upper floor/landing.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tsdrafting
273 Views, 3 Replies

Top Riser on stairs does not connect properly to upper floor/landing.

Whenever I create stairs - my top riser is always 1 inch "into" my upper floor being attached too.  I always have to move the stairs over 1 inch to make them consistent - but then in plan view (not shown) I have a 1 inch gap from my floor to my first step down.   

I've been getting by so far - but I am sure there is a simple fix in the settings to get rid of this.  I am learning how to use Revit - and don't have the knowledge or experience to pinpoint this setting in the settings.  Does anyone have a tid bit of advice they can share?  I am using Revit 2023.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mike.FORM
in reply to: tsdrafting

This is just the way Revit works unfortunately. It has been requested for a long time to add just the nosing bit when end with riser is selected.

I will usually end the floor at the edge of the nosing (riser in floor) then just just profile the floor away in details or sometimes if it really matters (doing a perspective or render where you wee it, I will create an in place void to cut the bit of floor away,

Message 3 of 4
tsdrafting

Thanks Mike.   I taught myself Revit over the last year - and I "think" I am doing well with it.  Every once and a while something pops up that I can't figure out.  If it is a Program Issue - then I don't feel so bad.  Thanks for the response!  I'll just keep doing what I am doing.

Message 4 of 4
ToanDN

Instead of a top riser, add a top.landing and you can sketch it to the exact floor edge and it will show correctly in every view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report