Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiles more real in revit

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2686 Views, 12 Replies

Tiles more real in revit

Is there a way to make the tiles with a plugin like the floor generator in sketchup?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
aRcHiTeCt.JM
in reply to: Anonymous

… no , there is no plug-in for that

…. In general you can use textures and bumps

…. Other way will be drawing the tiles as a families with extrusions

… but this option will be more “heavy” and complex

…. I will only recommend it for small projects

… and it is mostly for close renders…

….. take a look at this project I have been doing like that:

Capture.JPG

.... it renders great

Capture1.JPG

…. In plan view they look great

Capture2.JPG

aRcHiTeCt.JM

REVIT EXPERT ELITE
➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ is it working for you ? ➪ ⇩ 'Accept as solution' ⇩ ⇦

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: aRcHiTeCt.JM

great 😞 I wish I can create a plugin for that. it will be amazing. someone knows how to create a plugin for that?

Message 4 of 13
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there a way to make the tiles with a plugin like the floor generator in sketchup?

What "tiles" are you talking about?    

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

@barthbradley wrote:

What "tiles" are you talking about?    

tiles like tiles

any tile as in the floor generator from sketchup http://www.thesketchupessentials.com/floorgenerator/

tiles.JPG

Message 6 of 13
barthbradley

I see.  So you want to model the tile realistically as individual, interconnected components.  I think you may be over-modeling.  That level of detail would greatly impact on file size and performance.   Most of use us Model hatch patterns represent tile, and rendering appearance images for photorealistic presentations -- and save off that LOD for Architectural and Construction Details.  

Message 7 of 13
barthbradley

Can Sketchup do tile like this?

Mosiac2.png

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

hi im wondering if you could help im trying to create a subway tile but to a specific size tile 200x100 how can i edit to get the size i want any help would be appreciated.  

Message 9 of 13
barthbradley

Why not just use a tile procedural map and size it through the Texture Editor?  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014/EN...

Tile S.png

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

thanks for that was able to get them to the size i wanted. one last question how do i make it so i can dim the tile for setting out??  ive used curtain walling on regular tiling and im able to dim these up... thanks again for you help 

Message 11 of 13
barthbradley

You mean Dimension? Do you normally place dimensions in Realistic or Rendered Views? The Procedural Map only shows in those View.  You'll need to a Model Hatch Pattern for the other Visual Styles so you can pull dimensions from Model Hatch Pattern Line work representing the tile edges/grout lines. Or you can use Ref. Planes or Detail Lines as dimension references.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

thank you so much i will be using constant or shaded for my views.. i used the model hatch option and it works fine and it gives me a start on how i can create custom model hatches for tiles  ... again thanks for your help and quick response

Message 13 of 13
Ricard_S

How did you do that? It looks really Good!

What type of familydid you use?

i’ve seen curtain walls beeing used for Wall-tiles.

A family with a tile and spacing+grout? (Line-based?)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report