Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thicker Arrow Heads.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
BMA-ADMIN
2570 Views, 20 Replies

Thicker Arrow Heads.

Anyone got a suggestion on achieving the "Custom" arrow head in the image below? (Thicker arrow head)

Right now the default will not allow thickening up and boss is getting picky.

I prefer to do it without using the Spot Coordinate workaround method going around google.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
RDAOU
in reply to: BMA-ADMIN

@BMA-ADMIN 

If there would have been a better way, you most probably would have found it first hit on google 🙂 it's either the spot workaround or a line based detail item...all equally tedious 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 3 of 21

Not possible to make a new arrow style or edit it.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 21
BMA-ADMIN

Such a simple thing required and Autodesk can not provide it. I don't get this. So there's is no way of changing the 90deg open arrow head to a darker tone? Autodesk can you confirm this please so I can present to my director as a formal response?

Message 5 of 21
ToanDN

If you and your boss are trying to make Revit drawings look crafty like AutoCAD then you both (mostly you) will have a hard time in near and far futures.
Message 6 of 21
BMA-ADMIN
in reply to: ToanDN

Nobody said I wanted to change Revit to Autocad style of drawings. I'm a Revit person and I've been a Revit person for close to 20 years. My boss is an old school Autocad person, he is just not willing to accept this new standards which is really painful. 

Message 7 of 21
ToanDN

The thick arrow you are asking is not an AutoCAD style? I like it too.
Message 8 of 21
BMA-ADMIN
in reply to: ToanDN

Certainly is, but why can't it be a Revit Style also? Especially in the Architecture discipline?

I am unfortunately forced to use the Engineering arrows with a filled black head now. We are not Engineers, but I like this filled in arrow head, I don't mind it...but my boss doesn't.

The 90 degree arrow head is good, I prefer it to the filled engineering one but when you use the 90deg open arrow heads without a fatter head in full construction documentation with proper detailing you can barley see the arrow heads, they blend into the documentation plans. It needs to be thicker with a thinner leader line.  

It's just a shame old dinosaurs like my boss are still stuck in Autocad ways and can not adjust to Revit and BIM managers such as myself have to waste valuable time reasearching how to thicken up arrow heads when a perfectly viable filled in version is just as good.

Message 9 of 21
BMA-ADMIN

Autodesk where is the solution to this issue? Can you or can you not change the thickness of this arrow head?

Message 10 of 21
SteveKStafford

There is only the Wishlist. It isn't available until they consider looking at arrowhead features again.

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 11 of 21
RobDraw

@BMA-ADMIN wrote:

BIM managers such as myself have to waste valuable time reasearching how to thicken up arrow heads.

This is a user based forum and you've had a few of the most knowledgeable people in these forums tell you it is not possible. As a BIM manager, you should already know this. Why do you need a direct confirmation from Autodesk to satisfy your boss?

If some sort of documentation is required, I'm sure you can easily find it in the AKN.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 12 of 21
edanastas

I created my own a while ago. It would be nice if they built this in, but for the time being this offers the most flexibility. I typically use this for parking ramp slopes and other details. You can work with the framework that I setup here to customize to your own needs. But this offers several different arrow head types that you can toggle on and off with instance based parameters.

Message 13 of 21
SteveKStafford

I should have mentioned earlier, if you can live with the arrowhead and leader line sharing the same line weight...that is possible (see image).

My other older self here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/46056
Message 14 of 21
BMA-ADMIN
in reply to: SteveKStafford

That method is for tags only inst it?

There is a work around with keynotes to get the line weights needed but going back and forwards from the keynote text pad is a tad annoying.

Message 15 of 21
syman2000

You can try the dimension method where you can control the arrow lineweight thickness.

trick.png

Check out my Revit youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/scourdx
Message 16 of 21
BMA-ADMIN
in reply to: syman2000

Good solution here as well.

It's a shame Autodesk can't just add this in the default settings. Such a simple thing. 

Autodesk are you hearing us? lol.

Message 17 of 21
lim.wendy

Hi @BMA-ADMIN ,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'll be sharing this thread with the product team.
I can definitely understand how this would be handy.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to help!
Thanks again for the feedback, have an awesome Tuesday!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 18 of 21
SteveKStafford

In my image the "text" is two text types where I've altered the Lineweight parameter; one is pen 1 and the other is pen 4. The bottom is a wall tag assigned to pen 4 in Object Styles for Wall tags.

Message 19 of 21
BMA-ADMIN
in reply to: lim.wendy

Thanks Wendy.

This really needs to be incorporated in the next firmware update.It's a must for Architects who use the software.

You have the arrow style inside the program as a default but the head needs to be thicker or allow us to make it thicker. The thin line arrow head blends into the documentation and are unable to be seen. 

Message 20 of 21
RobDraw

I wouldn't hold your breath. This is a long standing request. Your best option is to go find the ideas and vote for them.

Good luck!

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators