Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Energy Simulation Failed

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
432 Views, 4 Replies

The Energy Simulation Failed

Hi all,

I was running the energy simulation in Revit student 2015. I've succeed with first simulation and I could get the pdf with chart etc but after changing the some features in the model and I keep got error message. I looked up to the green building studio but i could not find any error message there. I also don't know where i did wrong with the model.

I made double skin facade with outer pane perforated aluminum and inner pane clear glass curtain wall storefront. When i tried to simulate daylighting analysis or render the illuminance in the cloud, the lights could infiltrates the perforated aluminum to the cavity but not much through the glass into the room.

Any solution for this proble would really helpful to me.

thanks,

Nissa

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

what exactly did you change in the revit model?  Space limitations such as height? Building Envelope makeup?...

If you can track back to each change you made and start with 1 change at a time you will find the offending change in the Revit model which caused the analysis to fail.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

I change the perforated aluminum thickness, glass properties (thickness and T-vis), change the orientation to true north, and added some windows and door. 

Thanks for the advice Dzanta, i'll try to track back the change i've made and see what's the problem

Message 4 of 5
dzanta
in reply to: Anonymous

orientation change to true north may have causes the hiccup....try changing this back to what you had and try again.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

Thanks for the suggestion. Revit analysis which i run 2 days ago, when it finished I only could open the result in Green Building Studio website, then the result (the one with chart etc that we could save and compare in pdf) appeared yesterday. I don't know why the pdf result could be accessed late. I did several simulation again and i hope i could access the pdf result later today. 

Now i have new problem, when I change the analysis setting and thick the include thermal properties, the simulation was failed. I saw base run and alternates run in GBS website are all failed (red X sign in all EUI).

I need this simulation result for my Master degree dissertation. If anyone could check my model, I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Nissa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report