Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text or pattern on Railing with glass panels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
khalili_masoomeh
749 Views, 3 Replies

Text or pattern on Railing with glass panels

Hello Everyone !

Is there any friend who knows how we can create a Logo,text,pattern or etc. (Like sandblasting in real) on Glass panels of railing and it displays correctly on both straight railings and sloped railings... anyone knows the steps or any tutorial for it?

thanks in advance

the picture is not mine but is an example of what i meant.

stainless-steel-glass-balcony-railings-500x500 (1).jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

could be several ways to do it:

• for rendering purposes:
    • once in Project you can apply Decals on every visible Panels
    • create a New Material with the desired image and map it on the panel object in Family Editor
  • for non render presentation:
    • in Family Editor draw on the face of the Panel , the pattern by using Model Lines tool
    • in Family Editor,create over the existing Panel, another thin Extrusion on its Face. Then, in Edit Mode of this thin panel (with magenta lines) , insert a .dwg drawing that you've made it previously and swap the thin extrusion with this imported shape . 

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

thanks for replying. I wanna use it for non render purpose. you right but when i draw something in the panel's family it won't behave correctly in the project . for example the pattern location that i specify in the family  won't behave correctly and the pattern will go to another location that is wrong. 

Message 4 of 4

when drawing Model Line on a Panel , pay attention to set Working Plane on the Face of the Panel...Pick Plane >select the Face of the Panel.Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators