Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully Synched, but could not complete?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sgoodmansen
349 Views, 7 Replies

Successfully Synched, but could not complete?

sgoodmansen_0-1696897770795.png

What is going on here?

Here is my build info:

sgoodmansen_1-1696897828283.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: sgoodmansen

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/C4R-error-when-ope...

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
sgoodmansen
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Well sure, I found that page too. But why is it completing the synch then saying it isn’t completed?

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

do you another user working in the same file? try to install latest updates from autodesk and see if helps.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
GaryOrrMBI

I posted this same question a little while back.
Received similar responses: see these articles...

Read through all posted "solutions". The only one that had any bearing on this situation was to perform an Audit on the central cloud model.

That worked... until someone that didn't have the latest service pack saved the model, then mine went back to showing the "error".

One additional thing that I have noticed is that not all borrowed elements or newly created worksets get released back to central after a sync.

There's some small change in how locals interact with Central cloud models in the latest update that is causing this but, it's easier to just say "make sure everyone's current" than it is to look into the issue and repair it so...

see the post from @ennujozlagam : install the latest updates on everyone's machines. Including all of your consultants??? and ...

I have just decided to bite the bullet and perform a "Relinquish all mine" immediately after performing a sync.

-G
Gary J. Orr
GaryOrrMBI (MBI Companies 2014-Current)
aka (past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-2014);
OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008);
Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005);
Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)
Message 6 of 8
sgoodmansen

Thanks, Gary

I've been checking and one of my teammates is on an older build.  I'm going to see what happens after she has the same build as everyone else.  

Message 7 of 8
sgoodmansen

We are finding that the synching is completing but the release of objects is not.  The workaround is to actually use the editing requests because just telling them to synch isn't doing it for us anymore.  

Message 8 of 8
GaryOrrMBI

Have you tried the work-around that was in the last line of my last post:

"I have just decided to bite the bullet and perform a "Relinquish all mine" immediately after performing a sync"

Performing a manual Relinquish immediately after each sync has been working for us so far, If that doesn't help you then it might be just waiting to fail for us as well and that would be handy to know...

Like you, I have found that the Sync does save all of the changes but doesn't relinquish edited elements or newly created worksets.
This "two button sync" method performs the part that Revit 2023.1.2 is failing to do on cloud models and therefore reporting couldn't be completed.

-G
Gary J. Orr
GaryOrrMBI (MBI Companies 2014-Current)
aka (past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-2014);
OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008);
Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005);
Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report