Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stripping Family Attributes

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bwalsh1989
369 Views, 3 Replies

Stripping Family Attributes

Hi all,

I am looking for some automated way of stripping select family attributes within a project. Not sure if I'm using the correct terminology, so to clarify, I mean when you hit "Edit Type" on a family from within a project. I would like to be able to specificy which attributes to globally remove, but if this requires a complete wipe that would be okay. Basically we are looking to populate attributes strictly in the Properties sidebar, and don't want conflicting information elsewhere. Please let me know if you have any ideas, or if you need me to clarify further. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jdiala
in reply to: Bwalsh1989

Select the family, right click and click Select all instances->In Entire project. Then go to your properties dialog box and click edit type, modify the parameter value. You'll have to do this for each family type that you want edit.

Message 3 of 4
Bwalsh1989
in reply to: jdiala

Thanks jdiala. Unfortunately we have hundreds of families that need to have these type properies removed and I'm looking to do it quickly. In a professional setting, would this ever even be looked at by architects etc. for information? We're just trying to make sure some legacy information doesn't conflict with new information we've added to the properties column.

Message 4 of 4
jdiala
in reply to: Bwalsh1989

Only thing that I can think of is via API which I'm still exploring. 99.9% of the architect will not even bother looking at your family or the parameters in them. Conflict, no, parameters that you put on your families will only reside inside of that family. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report