Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs tread - distance one over another

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
3202 Views, 10 Replies

Stairs tread - distance one over another

Does anyone know how to change this length from 1 to 1.6 without changing the tread's depth and without increasing the nosing length?

I need siatrs with one tread overlap another 1.6 cm

stairs.JPG

Thanks for any ideas !

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Kimtaurus
in reply to: Anonymous

Why don't you want to change the nosing length?

The overlap you want IS the nosing length, so there's not much more you can do, unless you create a custom thread profile and set your own nosing length/overlap.

in reply to: Kimtaurus

I just done this in Your way, everythings ok, but the actual tread depth is too long. I need 24 cm. When I am trying to change this value in stairs nothing happend. The stairs are made from 'stairs component'. I would like change the tread depth without creating a new stair.

stairs2.JPG

Message 4 of 11
Kimtaurus

I se you have a nosing profile in the stair-type. Depending how this family is drawn (location of the lines and the reference planes), it could affect the depth of the thread. Can you post the nosing profile? Or even the stair in question?

The calculation of tread depth should not be impacted on nosing length. As somebody else stated, there is most likely an issue with the reference lines in your nosing profile familiy.

Did you check up on that?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

i had faced same problem....

if you want change tread depth in family  -  edit type - minimum tread depth - change vale, but it not change in stair in project

so go to properties - dimensions - actual tread type - change the trad value...

if u want change over lap, go to ur family edit nosing profile change into inside of ref line...

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Sorry for my delay.

I am sending the .rvt file with stairs.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I am changing the nosing depth the tread depth is also longer.

Message 8 of 11
Kimtaurus

Are you sure you send us the correct staircase? This one has no nosing length or nosing profile specified.

sorry, i am using 2014....

i cant open revit file....

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Kimtaurus

Yeah, I missed something while copying, this file should be ok.

It should look like in the image below

Message 11 of 11
ToanDN

I don't see any problems.  Tread Depth stays at 260 mm regardless of Nosing Length.

Unless you are mistaken Tread Depth is the distance from the back of the riser to the front of the nosing.  It is not.

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report