Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stairs below level, How do I add a cut line?

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
Jason_S
68967 Views, 40 Replies

Stairs below level, How do I add a cut line?

I noticed that Revit likes to show the entire stair going down.  This works for me in a lot of cases but I have a project that the second floor is showing the stair all the way down to the first floor, and there is another stair going from the second floor to the third that I really need to see.

Plan regions don't seem to allow me to add a break line below the second floor and see the stair from the second to the third floor.

I looked high and low for a solution and am stuck.  The floors are on and the view is set to hidden.

The attached png shows the up stairs in blue that I would like to see and the Down stairs I would like to cut at the landing.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

40 REPLIES 40
Message 41 of 41
bryceUT3KU
in reply to: Jason_S

Ditto. It is shameful that something this basic was not integrally picked up in a release years ago.

This is a instance where technical "progress" is probably not genuine progress. There are so many patchwork mishaps in Revit that, taken together, inevitably frustrate an architect's ability to transcend the medium each day. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators