Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stairs and ramp the background seting ?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
AD8080202
1804 Views, 6 Replies

stairs and ramp the background seting ?

On Revit, the white background fill-in of dimensioning can be removed by choosing “transparent” on Properties/Text/Text Background.

But for the “UP” or ”DN” of the stairs and ramp, it seems no way to the remove the white background fill-in.

Does anyone know the tip-and-trick?

If your convenience please enlighten ~
Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ennujozlagam
in reply to: AD8080202

@AD8080202 hello, post some screen shot. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 7
AD8080202

2016-0629_Q1-1.jpg

2016-0629_Q1-2.jpg

Message 4 of 7
ennujozlagam

@AD8080202 hello, i think that is default and you cannot change it, usually i just drag the text outside or just change graphic dispaly options into wireframe. thanks

RAMP 1.JPG

RAMP 2.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 7
AD8080202
in reply to: ennujozlagam

I hope this problem can be improved in future versions.

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

For a Stair by Component Stair (Assembled Stair), you can select the up/down text as an independent object, edit its type and assign a Text Type that has a transparent background (you have to have such a Text Type in your project prior to doing that).

Revit2016_StairAutomaticUp-DownDirection_TransparentText.png

For a Stair by Sketch Stair (Stair) or Ramp, you do not have that option.  I agree that it would be useful to have the ability to specify whether the text background should be opaque or transparent.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
tanishcocid

Go to annotations ---> Text ----> Create a new text type with transparent background ----> now select "UP" text on stairs ---> edit type ---> in text type option, select newly created text type. """""ITS DONE"""""

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report