Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stair tread and stringer alignment

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mark.jollyR7W78
601 Views, 9 Replies

stair tread and stringer alignment

I'm trying to move a channel stringer up to align with the edge of the treads. The stringer needs to remain a 150 deep PFC stringer. It's okay for the tread to sit below the stringer as it's for an access stair.

Currently working in Revit 2020.

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

It might be possible to do what you want by editing the stringer profile and creating the offset there.

Message 3 of 10

Stringer620.png

Message 4 of 10
se.ha
in reply to: mark.jollyR7W78

I think you can get there by adjusting the nosing profile of the run. Might need some tweaking to find the right amount and keep the depth of 150

seha_0-1655735624601.png

se.ha
Dieser Beitrag war hilfreich? Dann könnt ihr diesen Beitrag gerne liken.
Hat dieser Beitrag die Frage erfolgreich beantwortet? Dann klickt bitte auf den Button 'Lösung akzeptieren'.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10

Hadn't thought of this but when I tried offsetting a stair support profile which had no affect.
Message 6 of 10

When you enter a value for 'structural depth on run' it drops the stringer (support) down. Values have to be 0 or greater.
Message 7 of 10
mark.jollyR7W78
in reply to: se.ha

You appear to have hit upon a possible solution but I can't replicate what you've shown. Would you mind sending a file to interrogate please?
Message 8 of 10

Message 9 of 10
se.ha
in reply to: mark.jollyR7W78

All I did was changing the nosing length in the run type properties. File is attached. Quick and dirty without renaming properly...

Unbenannt2.PNGUnbenannt.PNG

se.ha
Dieser Beitrag war hilfreich? Dann könnt ihr diesen Beitrag gerne liken.
Hat dieser Beitrag die Frage erfolgreich beantwortet? Dann klickt bitte auf den Button 'Lösung akzeptieren'.

EESignature

Message 10 of 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report