Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stair Tags to not show number of treads

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
micah
211 Views, 3 Replies

Stair Tags to not show number of treads

Does anyone know why Revit is not showing the number of treads in the stair tags? I have to write it in as manual text. See my screenshot below.

micah_0-1643681419504.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: micah

create a new Stair Tag  or modify the existing one:

if you want to modify the existing tag or create a duplicate of it . then:

• select the Tag and go to Edit Family
  • in Edit Family , go to Edit Label and add new Parameters: Actual Number of Risers ; Actual Tread Depth and Actual Riser Height . Add Prefixes or Suffixes so to be more clear
  • be sure that the Visibility parameter is on
  • Load Family into the Project

2022-02-01 10_03_48-.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
RDAOU

@micah

Because they assumed it would be the same number as per risers (when in fact it could be Risers +/-1 depending on whether End/Start with Riser is checked

So yeah...either you have to settle for same number of riser or do it manually 

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 4
constantin.stroescu

The stair is defined by the number of risers ...but I prefer , in Edit Stairs mode to uncheck the End with Riser option and stretch the Run by pulling the blue dot up-right or up-left till it snaps to the upper Level with the last tread aligned to it

stair.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report