Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stained glass

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
539 Views, 1 Reply

Stained glass

Hello, my name is Pasichnyk Lisa, I would like to ask you. I need to make a facade of glass panels with section in the shape of an arc, but the fact that its section on the first level is horizontal, and on the last one at an angle. When I create my own stained glass, the top is not cut under the arch.Hc8j8BhB8Yo.jpg

I tried to use massing, but the division into segments is also not horizontal because of the upper curved face. And wall fencing do this too. If you use a component model in the context, the top is done, but the panel itself is not bent. Thank you!t6YbMh6AnJ4.jpgXpXN4M-Agnc.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

The grid lines that divide a surface tend to follow the edges of the surface. In this case, if you have an arc at the bottom and another arc at the top, but you want horizontal divisions, you need to divide the surface by reference planes or levels that intersect the surface. Like this:

1) Create levels or reference planes that intersect the surface horizontally. If you use reference planes, they need to have name. You can use a combination of reference planes and levels.

2) For the vertical grid, create reference planes as well, if you have an edge that is not vertical and can cause the grid to be not vertical. 

In this example, I am assuming that none of the four edges of the surface is straight.

3) Select the edges, and do Create Form > Surface

4) Select the surface > Divide Surface > Disable UV grids

5) Click on Intersects > Select reference planes and/or levels that intersect the surface.

6) Apply a pattern-based panel to the surface.

2016-10-10_21-57-51-A.jpg2016-10-10_21-57-51-B.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators