Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spot Slope tag reports 2 different values for the same roof.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
a_kralkay
408 Views, 6 Replies

Spot Slope tag reports 2 different values for the same roof.

The problem I have is that the slope triangle shows 2 different values for the exact same slope. I have a roof at 22.62° (5:12 slope). When I use the bottom line of the roof, I get 5:12. When I use the top line of the same roof, I get 4:12...

Am I doing something wrong here? How is that even possible? If someone modelled this roof and another tagged it, it would very easily be missed and make it into the contract docs. Can someone please look into this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: a_kralkay

Use TAB to pick the correct slope.  One of them is the slope of the diagonal line of the hipped roof instead of the slope of the roof plane.

Message 3 of 7
a_kralkay
in reply to: ToanDN

It's highlighting the top line of the roof plane I want... Why would it be picking a line at a totally different plane to the view I am working in?

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

Yeah I know what you want and I have told you how to fix it.  It is up to you now.

Message 5 of 7
Washingtonn

As ToanDN posted....Somehow you are getting the hipped roof slope...

Washingtonn_1-1682430999792.png

Message 6 of 7
a_kralkay
in reply to: ToanDN

Still would like to know why a 2D tag is choosing a line (and prioritizing it) on a different plane than the 2D view it is in. Is there a particular use case that I am unaware or is this just broken?

Message 7 of 7
a_kralkay
in reply to: Washingtonn

This definitely makes it clearer as to what's happening, thanks for the visual.

Weird that a 2D tag is tagging lines on a different plane though. And making that the first line it chooses by default.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators