Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split face tool and sloped floor

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Ali_Amine
1522 Views, 8 Replies

Split face tool and sloped floor

Hello dear Revit users,

I am trying to assign different colors on a floor ( a lot of deco seals / joints )

Using split face and paint tool was ok untill I had to work on the slope angle  : (

If I move the points of the floor, the splited faces must disappear. I tried to give the angle to the floor before spliting but Revit does not allow to split face on it.

Any solution ? 

I hope that my question is clear

Thank you !

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ToanDN
in reply to: Ali_Amine

For floor with modified sub elements, in lieu of using Split Face, add Split Lines to create different surfaces so that you can paint them independently.
Message 3 of 9
Ali_Amine
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you ! 

I am going to try this out and let you know. 

Message 4 of 9
Ali_Amine
in reply to: ToanDN

Unfortunately the split line does not support curves. My project is pretty full of curves  

Message 5 of 9

A method to do it could be the following one:

• Create first a sloped Floor

Image 1.png

• Then start Mass 
    • create first a Face and set it as Work Plane
    • then using Reference Points and Spline through Points create the desired contours
    • then create Form >Surfaces (closed contours)

Image 2.png

• then Finally , back in Project , create thin Roofs by Face (of different materials) using the surfaces created in previous step. They will be thin Layer over the floor slab.

Image 3.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 9

Roofs themselves allow split Face but it seems that I am not able to place material on split faces...

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
ToanDN

You can copy paste the floor in place and use vertical cut opening tool to each copy with the shape with want.
Message 8 of 9

Thank you Constantin, 

I could also make thin slabs , and I have all the outlining to create extra shapes.

My worry is about making the model heavy, knowing that it is a part of a bigger project. Iam trying right now to use "create parts"  . Would it be a solution ?

Message 9 of 9
martijn_pater

What do these splitted faces of yours look like, just to get some idea of that... I wouldnt use split parts on the entire floor, maybe on a top layer then...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report