Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some small details in linked model are printing to pdf in thick lines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stevensonJQWEF
198 Views, 3 Replies

some small details in linked model are printing to pdf in thick lines

Hi everyone,

I have a model with an HVAC IFC model linked into it.   

When I am making the floor plans everything seems fine (in terms of linethickness).  However, when I print it or export it as a PDF a few of the lines which are part of the HVAC model suddenly do extremely thick.   I have investivated the visibility/graphics of the imported model, and customised and tried to change... but it is not clear to me what these parts are exactly.  And I have tried to change everything regarding fire equipment and air chanels etc to thin lines, but the same problem.

I have attached a pic of how it looks in 3D, how it looks on my screen and then how it looks in PDF form.

Do you know how to resolve this?  Thank in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RSomppi
in reply to: stevensonJQWEF

Usually, this is due to the user working with thin lines turned on and not realizing that it will print differently.

Message 3 of 4
stevensonJQWEF
in reply to: RSomppi

Okay, so you are correct, I had thin lines turned on.... but still my question is about how to remove the lines being thick in the first place.... 

Just a few of the lines from the imported model are thick.  Do you know how I am meant to make them thin?

OR is there a way to print with thin lines on??

Thankksss in advance!

Message 4 of 4
RSomppi
in reply to: stevensonJQWEF

@stevensonJQWEF wrote:

Do you know how I am meant to make them thin?

OR is there a way to print with thin lines on??

AFAIK, there is no way to print with thin lines on.

Changing the lineweights is going to depend on how your views/object styles are set-up. Consult with your model manager before making any changes,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators