Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution for Gutter End Caps

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BGrafton
4649 Views, 1 Reply

Solution for Gutter End Caps

As a viable option to quickly and easily put end caps on gutters in Revit, I've come up with a solution that will host to the roof, and move if the roof is adjusted.  I did not see an option like this discussed in other posts and wanted to share with the community.  This was done in Revit 2015.

Instead of using a generic family that requires a lot of alignment and snapping, and may not host to the edge of the , I created a solid outline profile of my gutter profile, and placed it on the same edge as the hollow gutter.  By default it will run the full length  of the roof edge, but the extents can be adjusted.  In my case, I set them to a 1/2" from the ends on each side.  From there join the gutter systems together for a clean look using the join tool.  When I adjusted the roof height, these end caps moved with it and the primary gutter instead of floating or becoming disconnected as I have seen with in-place families or masses.

Hollow Gutter.JPGSolid Gutter.JPG

Gutter Endcap in model.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: BGrafton

Good idea. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report