Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW launch after computer startup

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
james_salter
917 Views, 3 Replies

SLOW launch after computer startup

SUPER slow launch after computer restart.  Any ideas why?  See attached image. After I close the program and reopen it, it opens fairly quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Viveka_CD
in reply to: james_salter

Hi @james_salter

Which version of Revit are you using? Please confirm if you have the latest updates installed for your Revit version from the desktop app.

Can you send us your journal to troubleshoot further?

Try a repair and uninstall, reinstall of DB link:

From the Control PanelProgramsUninstall a Program, right-click Revit DB Link and select Repair or Uninstall. 

Let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Viveka_CD

Hi @james_salter

It's been a while and I'm checking back to see if you've made any progress.

Let us know if you seek more assistance from the community.

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Viveka_CD

Hi @james_salter

I haven't heard back from you in a while. I'm checking back to see if you still face any issues with the slow launch.

Here is an article which touches on a lot of reasons for slow performance in Revit. There are some steps to try such as disabling add-ins that you can try. For graphics cards, please reference the certified list for cards that have been tested with Revit. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

I'll be marking this post as the solution to benefit the community seeking similar answers. If you need to continue the conversation, please post on this thread. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report