Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appearance images area missing

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
707 Views, 8 Replies

Appearance images area missing

Okay, so I did see a very similar post regarding this issue however it was never resolved. I am hopeful someone has some insight as to what is going on. I have 2017 design suite and needed to have my cad reinstalled. IT thought it best to install the entire suite including revit. So, the images were not missing prior to the reinstall and now after IT uninstalled & reinstalled my suite the images are now missing. However, I do believe my library was installed because I can see the images in the directory and have visible appearance selections. Plus, it renders okay in Revit, its when I render to the clould is where the following dio box appears.. and yes I did add the path into my options rendering but that didn't fix the problem either Does anybody have any idea how to fix this issue, I need to get these renderings out the door but cant move forward!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Viveka_CD
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I see that you are a new visitor. Welcome to the Autodesk community!

This error usually happens when materials are missing in the default rendering library location or library is not installed.

Make sure the library is installed and add the path to the material location to the Additional Render Appearance Paths in Application Menu > Options > Rendering. If there are rendering materials searching for another path, you can add this additional path in the rendering locations as well. 

Also, check if the required content is available

Follow the steps of this article: Install additional Revit content libraries

Let me know if this helps.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question. Kudos welcome!

Regards,

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Viveka_CD

Thanks for responding.

I just had IT reinstall my content libraries but the problem remains.  I added paths but the problem remains.  Although I didn't have to enter paths on the first instal as my cloud rendering worked just fine then, this all happened when IT uninsalledr  and reinstall.  I am at a stand still and can't move forward and now my project is due.  Please help

Message 4 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Did you try a repair of Revit?

Regards,

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for responding.

I just had IT reinstall my content libraries but the problem remains.  I added paths but the problem remains.  Although I didn't have to enter paths on the first instal as my cloud rendering worked just fine then, this all happened when IT uninsalledr  and reinstall.  I am at a stand still and can't move forward and now my project is due.  Please help

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

We reinstalled the software, my IT guys says that's' more than a repair

Message 7 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

Is your issue resolved after a reinstall? Are you able to locate the images?

There may be circumstances where Autodesk Revit products need to be removed from the workstation to allow for a clean installation.

The following in this article will ensure all residual files are properly removed as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Message 8 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?

Please mark any posts that help with "Accept as Solution" and thanks! Kudos welcome.

Message 9 of 9
Viveka_CD

Hi @Anonymous

I haven't heard back from you in a while.

If you need to continue the conversation, please post here and let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators