Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show net and gross area in plan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
coolenyoshi
1496 Views, 7 Replies

Show net and gross area in plan

Hello, this is our office working method: Each floor plan shows the net and gross area of the total housing unit. (Capture01) The net and gross area of the housing unit are separate area plans with only area tags visible. (Capture04) The floor plan and the area plans are placed on top of each other on the sheets. I am looking for a method to present the results clearly. How can I automate a box with a background around the results? (Capture02)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: coolenyoshi

Add the box as a filled or masking region to one of the tag, with room to spare so that you can place the other tag in it when overlay views.

Message 4 of 8
coolenyoshi
in reply to: barthbradley

Unfortunately spaces and Zones is not avaible in Revit LT.
Message 5 of 8
coolenyoshi
in reply to: ToanDN

I tried this solution before. However revit only masks the text. Not the whole box.
Message 6 of 8
ToanDN

Even if spaces and zones were available, they would be the equivalence of rooms and areas, not net areas and gross areas.

I will take a look at the masking issue when I get to the computer with Revit.

Message 7 of 8
tomcruse44217

Based on the information provided, it seems like you are looking for a way to automate the process of creating a box with a background around the results on your floor plan. To achieve this, you can explore using software tools such as AutoCAD or Revit that offer features for creating dynamic annotations and customizing the appearance of objects. These tools can help you automate the process and present the results clearly by adding boxes with backgrounds around the desired areas on your floor plan. It would be helpful to consult the net worth documentation or seek assistance from experienced users of the specific software you are using for detailed instructions on how to achieve this.

Message 8 of 8
Lachlan-JWP

Modify your area tag and add a masking region behind the text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report