Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Linked Model shaded in hidden line view

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1755 Views, 6 Replies

Show Linked Model shaded in hidden line view

Hi, is it possible to show a linked model ie a site topo as shaded when the main model is in a hidden line view. I would like to have the main model shown as hidden line in my elevations with the topo shaded to give the surface a tone. See attached.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

I imagine it is doable with Phase graphic override.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

So what you are saying is that you can have two graphic display options in the one view if phasing is used? Can you shed some more light on this? I have tried going through the Revit Link display settings, by linked view and selecting a linked view in the linked model that uses a shaded graphic display, no luck there. Override graphics in view by category then using the visibility graphics was also a no go.

Message 4 of 7
ToanDN

No. I am saying override the graphic of surface patterns and colors of the topo link. It is still in Hidden mode, but with solid color surface material, it would look similar to what you show in your sample.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Is it possible to add a colour or tone to the topo projection surface in a hidden line view?  That would resolve my issue, I am not to concerned about the cut topo, but a tone or pattern on the topo projection surface in a hidden line elevation view would be mint.

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

I just tried and it did not work. For other object types like walls I could override the surface pattern to a solid color but it did not present well with the smooth gradient you normally see with a shaded view. For topo, changing the surface pattern has no effect whatsoever. Sorry.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for that, any other object is fine to add a tone to, just add a solid surface pattern to the material with the selected colour of the tone, use filters, Visibility/Graphics Overrides or override graphics in view, but none of those options work for topo surfaces.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report