Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet size in title block

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
12198 Views, 12 Replies

Sheet size in title block

Is there a way to link a text in my title block to a family type/name?

I want my sheet size to change automatically to the size I'm using.

I have searched for it but can't find an anwser.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, it is possible.

Create separate generic annotation family.

Add type parameter (Text for example).

Create Label with that parameter you've created.

Save As.

Now, go to your title block. Insert your previously created generic annotation family and link parameters from title block to it.

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

Thanks!! it worked for me
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Hi,

I'm a new Revit user and am attempting to do what I understand is the same thing as the initial question.

I have created a title block family, complete with labels and text, in which I can also change the size of the sheet with the title block remaining in the same corner - one for A0, A1, A2 and A3. I would now like to put some text in the title block identifying the sheet size that changes to match each sheet size type - "A0L" text for my A0 landscape sheet type within the family etc.

I have tried to follow your instructions but being a very new user seem to have some large gaps in my understanding of how to do this. Please help.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 13
Mirko.Jurcevic

Here, insert this family (Generic Annotation) into you title block family.

Then, click on that text, Edit Type and link parameter with title block parameter.

I also attached title block example which uses that Generic Annotation family.

Regards

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Perfect!

I really appreciate your speedy reply and help. Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Hi again,

Is there a way to lock the label text types I've made within the label to the family type of each sheet?

I created different types of the label ie. A0L type with A0L text. I then inserted this family into the title block family and linked it to a parameter I called "Sheet Size." Within each title block type I could then select the appropriate matching text from the label I'd linked, and when I flexed the title block family, everything worked. However when I inserted it into a project, the text type was no longer locked to the title block type eg. A3L would show up for each sheet size of A3L, A2L, A1L etc. I could edit the label type in the title block type, but I had hoped to be able to lock the label type to each title block type. Is that possible? There is no lock checkbox available for the label text in parameters for the title block family.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

My apologies.

When I reloaded the title block family into the project I failed to overwrite the existing parameter values, hence the text not changing with each title block type.

Sorry for the clutter. Thanks for your patience.
Message 9 of 13
Mirko.Jurcevic

I am glad you finally made it.

Regards

Mirko Jurcevic

Message 10 of 13
info

Hi,

I think I'm trying to do the same thing, but I want to be able to schedule the sheet size in the drawing register. As I understand this needs to be a shared parameter and I just can't get a sheet parameter to work with the annotation family you uploaded.

I want all A3s to register as A3 on the sheet itself AND update in the drawing register to make it easier to print blocks of A3 drawings together.

Can you help?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: info

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to look into this further.
However, when/if I get a chance to create something, I'll endeavor to post
something on here in answer.

Regards.
Message 12 of 13
ToanDN

@info wrote:

Hi,

I think I'm trying to do the same thing, but I want to be able to schedule the sheet size in the drawing register. As I understand this needs to be a shared parameter and I just can't get a sheet parameter to work with the annotation family you uploaded.

I want all A3s to register as A3 on the sheet itself AND update in the drawing register to make it easier to print blocks of A3 drawings together.

Can you help?

Adding the sheet dimensions shared parameters ans schedule the sheets still have nothing to do with what you can choose to print.

Save a Print Set comprises of all the Sheets of the same size so that when you print you can just select a set.  If you have several sizes then create several sets.

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 13
info

Hi,

I hear what you are saying and that's what we do.

What I'm trying to do is have a sheet issue sheet that updates parameters so that when I issue drawings it shows other people what size to print at etc. it'll have the references on the sheet themselves, but if I change the sheet size or split drawings onto multiple smaller sheets I want to be able to see as I change them in one place, I can then refer to the drawings issue sheet and set up new print sets etc.

I just don't want to have to change the sheet size manually in the drawing register, it should be linked to the titleblock family and update immediately.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators